New beginnings

3 months ago

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" you witness your mother yelling at your father for the fourth time today.
"THIS IS MY HOUSE TOO!" Your father yells back, and your mother scoffs.
"Not after this divorce it isn't!" She replies simply.
"Tatsuki... is she serious?" You ask your older brother, and he sighs.
"Of course not (Y/n)." He replied simply. He tightens his grip on you and you sigh softly, believing him.
But boy, was he wrong.

Present time

It was your second day at Inarizaki high and you were heading to your third class of the day. Being new was tiring but at least people left you alone. Or at least you hoped they would.

   "Hey."  an unfamiliar voice called you.
You looked over and saw a male with dark messy hair and green fox-like eyes. He was kind of attractive to say the least but he had a far away look in his eyes almost as if he was stoned.

    "Um, hi?" You hesitantly respond trying to make sure he was even talking to you in the first place.

    "I've never seen you around before… you new here or something?" He asks nonchalantly, almost as if he didn't care.

    "Uh, yeah I am actually…" You respond and you watch as he nods.

    "Cool… I'm Suna Rintarou, you?" He asks and you watch as his eyes lazily glance at you.

Suna Rintarou.. the volleyball player you heard every girl loved…

You suppose it was his looks, his figure, you could understand why he was so liked.

    "Oh, I'm (Y/n) Washio" You reply and look at him as he nods.

    "So… Washio-" he gets cut off by the bell ringing, signaling that you were officially late to class.

    "I- shit sorry I have to go!" You state and turn around quickly rushing off. The male leans against the wall with an uninterested expression on his face.

You rush into your Bio class and apologize quickly to your teacher who gives you a warning before sitting down in your seat.

The teacher starts his lesson and you can't help but zone out thinking about the encounter you had with the male.

    "Washio!" The teacher's voice snaps you out of your thoughts.

    "Y-yes Sensei?" You ask sheepishly tucking a strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear.

    "What's the answer to this question? If you were paying attention of course…" he looks at you and you look at the board.

**timeskip to after class**

It's now lunchtime and you head to the rooftop with your bento. Sighing you push the doors open only to be hit with the strong smell of weed.

    "Ugh- Gross…." You exclaim, wrinkling your nose in disgust.

    "Sorry princess if that doesn't smell too good but get over it." You hear a familiar voice and whip your head to see Rintarou sitting on top of the doorway you just came out of with a blunt in his hand.

    "Seriously dude? We are at school!" You scold him to which he rolls his eyes.

    "And I should give a fuck, why?" He lazily asks and you glare at him.

    "Uh because it's rude and you could get in trouble?!" You cross your arms and watch as he shrugs.

    "Whatever…" he puts out the blunt and hops down standing directly in front of you. He towers over you and you can't help but look up at him. He smirks slightly and looks you up and down, almost sizing you up.

    "You're kind of short-" he carelessly states and you clench your fist.

    "And you're an asshole, your point is?" You retort crossing your arms, pulling a soft chuckle from the male.

    "Nothing…" he states and you glare at him before turning and walking away attempting to get away from him. Unfortunately he follows you to where you sit down and he leans against the wall.

    "Is there something you need?" You snap and narrow your (e/c) eyes at him. He narrows his eyes in thought for a second.

    "Nah, but I'm curious about something…" he states cooly and you sigh.

    "What?" You ask, your patience was beginning to wear thin.

    "What brings you to Inarizaki? It's the middle of the school year and you're just now starting…" he queries and you huff.

    "I just moved here, I had no choice but to transfer here." You respond hoping he doesn't ask anymore questions.

    "Why did you move?" He asks and you look up at him.

    "Do you always ask so many damn questions?" You ask and he laughs, it was soft in a way but also carefree.

    "Only when I'm high, if I was sober I wouldn't give two shits on who you were or where you came from." He replies simply and a tick mark appears on your forehead.

    "Then do me a favor…" You state.

    "What might that be?" He lazily asks with a smirk.

    "Stop getting high." You reply bluntly. This causes him to laugh again.

I could get used to hearing that- wait what the fuck am I thinking?

    "Feisty- I like it." He muses and you roll your eyes.

You start eating your lunch trying to ignore that idiot. Thankfully he stays quiet for the rest of the time until the bell rings. He starts walking away before halting for a second.

    "See you around, Shortie." He states before exiting the roof. You stand there in shock for a second.

    "Stupid boys…" You mutter to yourself before heading to class.

You didn't know what was to come with this boy. You hoped it wasn't trouble; all you knew was that you needed to maintain distance.

After all your dad had been through you couldn't bear the thought of letting him down, especially with the repercussions that would come if you did.