𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

Jaimie's P.O.V

I gasped and quickly bowed down my head when I saw the king, I mean the KING himself sitting on the director's chair with the queen standing beside him.

"G-Good Morning your highness..." I don't know what to do and I can't stop fidgeting that I forgot Vincent is still beside me. I looked around but I noticed that it is just the four of us in the room.

"Greetings King Leandrews and Queen Chleo," Vincent greeted the king and queen like a true prince.

"Oh! Prince Vincent it is nice to see you here...!" the queen said cheerfully. "I didn't know you two are close."

The king stared at me with gave me goosebumps. I prayed that this has nothing to do with their son oh! goodness please! "We're glad to have you here Vincent but... would you mind leaving us alone for a while?" the king said authoritively. I felt Vincent's hesitation but he complied non the less.

"Have a seat first, Jaimie," commanded the king as I sat in front of them nervously.

"Our son would be here any minute so we could proceed with the discussion, but since he's not here yet," the queen started. "...we could talk about the reason why we're here," she said nicely yet I still felt nervous around them. Who wouldn't? They're the king and queen of this country.

"We know who you are," I gulped as the king started. "You we're left by your parents and you live by yourself." I stared at him in fright. So they already know who I am, they might already know that I'm their son's mate as well. Does them being here means they'll punish me for not being worthy? My heart started to pound loudly.

"Don't worry dear, we're not here to hurt you," I stared at the queen in surprise. Did I hear it right? "We know that you are our son's mate yet he refused to acknowledge you!" she said the last few words with such distaste in het voice. "We disapprove of someone rejecting their mates! It's a divine crime, no one should reject their fated other half because they're only given to you once," she said with a saddened voice.

The king cleared his throat, "we are here to talked about you and our son's marriage," he said straight forwardly.

I almost fall off the seat when he said that. I can't believe it especially coming from them.

I was about to respond when we heard a phone ringing. The king took his phone out of his pocket and answered it.

"What is it?" he asked in a business like voice.

He furrowed his brows then his faced turned from shocked to worried. "What? Where did they brought him?... Okay we'll go." he almost slammed the poor phone on the table.

The queen had a worried face as well as she asked what happened.

The king faced the queen with an torn emotion, "our son is in the hospital. His car was hit by a truck on the way here and they said that he looked so distracted that he didn't notice the truck," he explained.

They queen paled as her eyes widened. "What?" she fainted.

The king took her in his arms, bridal style. He looked at me, "come with us Jamie." He ordered as I blindly followed behind them.

My mind is already thinking about my mate. Even though I said I don't want him anymore, I still can't helped but to be worried for him. No matter how I lied to myself, I still love him and it breaks my heart to know that he's hurt and have his life at risk. I don't want to lose him even if he doesn't want me. Even if he wants me out of his life, I don't care anymore. That's when I realized that I want only him and no one else. I'm so sorry Vincent... I thought. Yet again, I hurt someone again without intending it to happen. I'm so cruel. I know how they feel because the one I love can't love me back as well but I can't let their hope in me because no matter what, my heart screams only one person, that is my mate.

I just want to see him now. My heart is filled with worries that no matter what he did, I still care for him. I prayed to all Gods that his doing fine. My hand starts to shake as we reached the hospital where they took Clyde. He's still in the operating room, the doctor said he's not in a good condition because of the impact damage his body seriously.

The royal family has their private doctors here in case of serious injury like when a wolf cannot heal by themselves due to deep wounds or diseases. So we don't have to worry that humans will discover us.

We waited for more than five hours until they brought him to the Intensive Care Unit. The doctor said that it will only take few days for him to heal his wounds since he has the royal blood but they can't tell what are the effects of the accident until he wakes up.

The queen fainted again when she saw her son motionless on the hospital bed while the king clenched his fist, worries visible through his eyes.

The moment I saw him, my eyes started to water that even my heart clenched painfully through my chest. Even if he always hurt my feelings, I still don't want something to happen to him. I cried silently on the chair beside his bed as the king and queen left me to have some time with my mate.

Should I really call myself his mate? But I am not worthy enough of that title. I sighed and think about what the king and queen said to me earlier. That they want me for their son.

How could such important people like them want a nobody like me? I know I always pitied myself for the things I lacked but who could blame me? Most people would always slap me with the truth. I don't understand why would they support me when it's my mate, their son who don't want anything to do with me.

I shook my head, this is not the right time to think about myself, especially when my mate is not in a good condition. I better set it aside until he recovers.

I stared at his handsome face, he looked so peaceful. I couldn't help but to question myself yet again.

Why couldn't he love me? Or at least care even just a little? I sighed, trying to restraint my emotions from crying again.

Well more or less, sooner or later I have to give up but as of now as his mate I want to stay by his side. While he's not yet pushing me away, I'll savor every minute, every second I have with him even if it's in a situation like this. So that when the time comes that I have to leave him, there'll be no regrets on my part. At least I want to spend some time with him, that'll be enough.

I decided that after all this, after he recovered, I won't see him anymore even if it hurts me. For him to have a new life he deserves, the way he wanted it and that is without me.

Even just the thought of the future pains me, living without him but I can't be selfish right? I didn't notice that tears started to fall down on my cheeks.

To Be Continue...