The First Steps

I walked up to route 29. Yuki on my left and Ace on my right. We each held our Pokemon and looked off int the distance. It was midday. It was slightly warmer than usual but being the middle of winter, it wasn't overly warm. My little Cyndaquil clutched the hood of my jumper. I took a deep breath and looked over at Yuki, her blue eyes sparkling with excitement. She grabbed my hand and I gave it a soft squeeze. Ace grabbed my other hand. My face warmed up and started turning a light pink. I shook off the feeling and turned to him.
"Ready?" I asked him. He nodded. I turned to Yuki, who nodded as well. I counted to three and we all took our first steps of our Pokemon journeys together.

"When are we gonna see any Pokemon?" Ace whined. I could feel his disappointment too. I think we all could.
"Soon," I said. As if on queue, a patch of grass start rustle. We all watched excitedly as a little pidgey jumped out. I was quickly ready for action.
"Quick! Cyndaquil! Use ember!" Little glowing specks of fire shot out of the little Pokemon's mouth and injured it badly. I grinned.
"All right! Pokeball! Go!" I grabbed the white and red sphere and threw it at the little bird Pokemon. It wiggled. Once. Twice. Three times. Click!
"Yeeeeees!!!" I cried "I caught," I held out my Pokeball "a pidgey!"
"Nice going kid," a voice said. I spun around and faced a girl, around my age, her long thick brown hair swayed gently in the wind.
"I have a feeling about you. And so does this pokemon." She threw me a ball. "And you too," she turned to Yuki "this one likes you" we both looked at each other. Ace watched hopefully as the girl pulled out another red and white orb.
"Huh, it's your lucky day, I'm feeling pretty generous." He caught the ball in his hands and observed it with his big green eyes. I sighed and melted away at the sight.
"The name's Eli." She held out a hand to me.
"Hi! I remember knowing a girl just like you when I was a kid! Her name was Eli too!"
"And your name is...?" She beckoned for me to continue.
"Oh, oh, right, Pikachu!" I grabbed her hand and waited for her to shake it. Instead, she just looked at me, completely stunned.
"P-Pikachu?"
"Yes, that's my name," I confirmed, slightly weirded out by her reaction. Next thing I knew, her arms were tightly wrapped around me and she was quietly sobbing into my chest.
"Are you okay?" I looked to Yuki who just shrugged. Then, something in my brain clicked.
"E-Eli?" I whispered "ELI!!!" I cried wrapping my arms around her. We both laughed and were soon joined by Yuki. Our reunion was interrupted by a strange electronic sound. We turned to see Ace with an Uxie clinging to his head.
"Oh yeah! I forgot!" I grabbed my new pokemon and threw the ball up in the air "pokemon! Come on out!" I called. After a bright white light and a red flash a little (well, little meaning smaller than huge pokemon) red and white latias appeared.
"Eeeeeeeeh!" It cried. I rubbed the little blue triangle on its head and laughed as it gave a little giggle. I watched Yuki give her new Mewtwo a big hug and Eli play around with her little Jirachi. I smiled.
"Well, we better get going, we don't have much daylight left and we have to find somewhere to camp. We all nodded in agreement. I looked over to my left, then to the right. My two old friends and a new were all with me with pokemon at out sides.
"Eeeeeeh!" I looked down at my latias as it beckoned me to sit on its back. I nodded and swung my leg over its neck. My cindiquil sleeping peacefully in my arms and pidgey flying next to me we lifted off and flew ini the sunset. Latias swooped down and grabbed Ace in her little hands and the other two flew with the help of their Pokemon's physic powers. I giggled.
"Last one to that big tree is a rotten egg!" I shouted. We all laughed and sped off into the sunset.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just got on holidays so I'll hopefully be doing lots of writing Eli is my good friend @lovelyfierce and if you don't already know, Yuki is @YukiFullbuster22. Ace is just a fictional character that I made up and Pikachu is my OC. Thanks for reading and I'll hopefully update soon!
-PikachuDialga17