Home

"Alright come on Sophie. We're home." I said to Sophia James as I picked her up out of the car. After leaving Boston I decided to drive to Oakland, California, and stay there for awhile. Derek, and I had lived there together before the Raiders had moved to Vegas. I was planning on renting an apartment here for a little while before Baby Amendola was born in hopes of finding a more permanent home after I gave birth. It took us nearly a week to get here so I just know that Sophia James is dying to run around. "Dada, Dada." She said as I brought her inside the apartment building. "Dada's back in Boston baby girl." I told SJ as I rubbed her back. "Dada, Dada, Dada." L Sophie continued to cry. I tried not to cry as I said "I know baby girl. I want Dada to."

Once we got settled into the apartment, and I was finally able to get Sophia James to sleep I just looked outside the window, and watched the busy Oakland street. I never thought I would be back here, nor did I ever think that I'd be bringing my daughter to live in the city her father, and I first lived in together. I moved with Derek to Vegas when the Raiders had moved there but I found out I was pregnant right before the team's second season in Nevada, and that's when everything happened with Derek not wanting to be a Dad, and me moving to Boston with Julian, and Josie.

*Flashback*

"Just take a deep breath Em, what's the worst that could happen?" I said to myself as I waited for Derek to get home from practice. I had found out some news while he was gone, and I needed to tell him first. "Hey babe. I'm home." Derek yelled as he walked through the apartment door. I smile, and say "Hey Der, how was practice?" "Not bad." Derek said as he started putting his workout bag down onto the table "We still have some time before joint practices start so we have plenty of time to keep improving. "Yeah that's good. Hey Derek we need to talk." I said as Derek sat next to me. "Is everything okay?" Derek asks. I nod before tearing up, and saying "I'm pregnant." "What, really?" He asks. I nodded before saying "I found out this morning. I'm so scared." Derek pulls me into his side before saying "Me to, we'll do figure this out."

The next day I got home from work to find the apartment nearly empty, with all of Derek's stuff gone, and a note on the kitchen table explaining where he went. I tried calling him, and texting just about a thousand times but Derek still wouldn't respond. It took me a few hours to realize but once I did I was calm knowing that I was in this all alone. Me, and Baby Carr.

*End of Flashback*

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I looked down, and saw Danny's contact. I let the phone go to voicemail as I waited to hear what Danny had to say. "Hey Em, uhm it's Danny." Danny started to say as I heard his voice crack, "We really miss you, and Sophia James here. I just want to know that you're okay. I don't need a call back, or anything like that. All I want is to know that you're safe, please. I love you Emma." The line went dead as I started to cry. I wanted to go back but I knew what would happen if I did, and I wasn't willing to put Sophia James through that type of situation again.