Chapter Forty-Two - It's been a long, eventful week.

"I have a jacket," Tate said in the backseat.

"That shows about three inches of your wrists," Oakley rolled her eyes. "Why do you not want a new jacket?"

"I like my old jacket," Tate said.

"We can find one just like it," Oakley said as she pulled off the highway. "But you can't go into the winter with a jacket that doesn't fit you."

"But my jacket matches Dad's jacket," Tate said softly, and Oakley smiled.

"Then we'll find you a new one that matches your Dad's," Oakley turned into the parking lot. "Or, if all else fails, we'll make your Dad come out and get one to match your new one...how's that sound?"

"Deal," Tate nodded.

Oakley pulled into the parking lot and they both got out. It was getting cooler in Montana now; fall was right around the corner which meant winter wasn't far behind it. Tate had needed a new jacket last year, but she wasn't who she was now back then.

They walked over to the children's clothing section and looked at the jackets already out. Oakley knew Tate had a fondness for matching his father, even if he wouldn't admit it to Kayce directly. She looked through the racks of clothing, trying to see if there was something similar to Kayce's tan one.

"Oaks!" Tate called out and Oakey looked over.

Tate was holding an infant's jacket that was pretty close to the one she was looking for, for Tate. The small jacket made Oakley's heart clinch as she smiled at Tate.

"Think we should be proactive like you say," Tate walked over to her.

"You'd need to get two," Oakley laughed and then stopped, her head shooting up and looking over at Tate's confused face.

She and Kayce had just found out three days ago that they were having twins and hadn't gotten around to telling Tate about the change in plans. They were going tonight, at a family dinner with John so they could let it be known to everyone. But Tate's confused face made Oakley feel terrible that she was going to have to explain without Kayce.

"Two?" Tate asked. "Why two?"

"Um..." Oakley turned to face him more. "Well, buddy...you know how your dad and I went to a doctor's appointment this week?"

"Yeah?" Tate nodded.

"So, we got some news on the baby," Oakley reached down and placed her hand on her small bump.

"Something wrong?" Tate asked.

"No, nothing's wrong," Oakley shook her head. "It's just we are not having one baby...we're gonna have two babies."

"Two babies?" Tate looked up at her. "As in...you're having...twins?"

"Yeah, twins," Oakley smiled. "What do you think about that?"

"So, two babies...I'll have two little brothers or sisters?" Tate looked at Oakley's bump.

"We won't know for a little while but yeah...two siblings," Oakley reached out and tapped Tate's chin. "How does that make you feel?"

She watched Tate think about it for a minute.

"Does that mean there will be three of us?" Tate asked her and Oakley nodded. "Three against two?"

"Against two?" Oakley looked confused.

"You and Dad," Tate smiled. "Against the three of us."

"There will be no against us," Oakley smirked. "I don't know what you're planning Tate Dutton, but this isn't a democracy...your father and I are in charge, I don't care how many you have on your side."