Chapter I: Two Mate Shift

***Two Years Later; 2005***

Two weeks remained until the second semester of his junior year and Edward Cullen was pacing his bedroom, nervous about finally telling his mates about his feelings for them.  He knew from Beau's and Melody's thoughts that they returned his feelings. But he was afraid for another reason.  Edward was planning to tell them his secret. 

A knock on his bedroom door drew Edward from his thoughts.  Looking up he saw that Esme was standing there, a concerned look on her usually smiling face.

"Edward what's wrong," she asked as she sat on his couch.

Sitting down next to the woman he thought of as a mother, Edward took a deep sigh before speaking.

"I'm planning on telling Beau and Melody about my feelings for them."

"That's wonderful Edward," Esme said as she hugged her first son.

"I also want to tell them about me, about our family," Edward said. "I also want to tell them that they are my mates."

Esme could see the worry on her son's face. She hadn't met either Beau or Melody yet but from how her children spoke of them, she already knew she would love them. Taking Edward's hands in hers, the maternal vampire gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"Everything will work out in the end, Edward," Esme said with a motherly smile.

"I also think Melody possesses the wolf gene and will shift soon. She's been angrier the last couple of months ever since her brother stopped answering her calls. She said her mom told her that he was just going through a faze but in reality he shifted along with Paul," Edward said.

When he found out his mates were friends with the tribe he wasn't happy about it but as soon as Melody put her foot down he dropped the issue. Alice had told everyone that Melody was nearly invisible in her visions meaning that she would be shifting soon.

"Just tell them how you feel and go from there," Esme said as she smiled at her son.

At the Swan house, Melody Cameron was pacing her attic bedroom. Once again she was trying to call her brother. It had been two months since she last spoke to him and three and a half months since she and Beau hung out with him and Paul. It was like a few years ago when Sam disappeared and then when he returned he closed himself off from anyone. Now anytime Beau and Melody went to La Push to hangout with their other friends they would see the three boys together.

Melody was hurt that her own brother was ignoring her. She remembered that they use to be very close. Now he was a stranger.

"This is Jared, you know what to do."

Again voicemail. Melody felt a ripple of anger through her body. Her muscles rippled beneath her skin. She was never so angry in her life. Again she tried her brother and again voicemail. Melody was livid now and threw her phone again the wall where it shattered. Not bothering to clean up the remains of her shattered phone, Melody left her bedroom, shacking and ready to snap at anyone who gets in her way.

From the living room, Beau and Charlie heard something hitting a wall and breaking.  Beau looked at his father clearly worried about his girlfriend.  He noticed that ever since her brother began ignoring her, Melody's temper had gotten worse.  Upon hearing heavy footsteps on the stairs, Beau looked up to see his girlfriend.  Shacking uncontrollably Melody walked passed her boyfriend and godfather. Beau went to go after her but Charlie stopped him knowing that Melody was about to shift and if he was to close to her, he could get hurt.