Lisa

Lisa stood there blood running down her sleeve forming a puddle of the metal floor. Katie had bite through her skin piercing the meat and Lisa was paralyzed, unsure of what she should do. Katie had fallen over once Lisa took her arm from her she had no support and could no longer hold herself up. She scooted her face on the floor, dragging her tongue on the cold metal, licking up Lisa's blood.

"Oh my Gosh," Lisa rambled on, "Oh my Gosh! Oh my Gosh! Oh my..."

"Okay we get it you're scared calm down! I can't think with you like this," I shouted stressed not wanting to lose control of the situation.

"No you don't get it I'm going to turn now I'm going to be like them. There's nothing to think about. Just get the knife make it quick."

"No you're not gonna change I won't let you," I picked up the knife and cut off a strip of fabric from my waist and put the knife in my back pocket, "no one else is gonna die in front of me.

"I walked to Lisa avoiding Katie, who was too busy cleaning the floor to notice me. I tied the fabric tight on Lisa's shoulder. "What are you doing? Ouch that hurts, stop. Just stop!" Lisa whimpered. "Can you shut up for once?" I told her completely annoyed, "Just let me do what I'm gonna doing, alright. I'm trying to help you."

"How, by stopping my blood flow?"

"Exactly," I tied the strip in a double knot and watched her arm turn pale, "now this might hurt, bear with me."I pulled the knife out again and pressed it to her shoulder.

"What the heck, you're insane," Lisa shoved me away.

"Fine you win. Can we at least bandage you up?" I asked still with a plan in mind.

"Here, I got this for you," I looked over to see little Jed with a first aid kit in his boney hands.

"Thank you," I said taking the kit from him, "Lisa, is there somewhere else we can go to wrap your wrist, somewhere sterile or something."

"Yeah there's a quarantine room," Lisa walked briskly to the staircase and trotted up the steps.

She went down the hallway and back to the office. I chased after her curious about where she was going. The way it looked was that the office was the only room on the second floor. When I made it to the end of the corridor I gazed into the room and stood at the doorway to watch where Lisa was trying to go. She went over to the desk and reached under it. As she removed her hand from underneath the desk the walls started moving. To the right of the desk the wall opened up like a sliding door.

A bright stream of white light filled the room. I walked to the gaping door in the wall. I squinting my burning eyes. It was like staring into the sun.I peered in and found myself looking into a completely white room. It was something of what you would expect to be in a mental institution. White floor, white walls, white ceiling and that was it. Besides a two way mirror there was nothing else there. The room was empty so how did she expect to survive the infection here.

"Where's all the food and water, and what about a bed?" I asked.

"There isn't one. I was bitten. I should turn in an hour or so, or a day at the most," she said solemnly while walking inside, "there is a button under the desk. Go hit it and close the door."

"No," I stepped into the room with her, "I told you I'm not gonna let you die."

"Jamie, can you stop messing around? I'm a goner, but it's okay, I'm ready."

"No you're not," I had tears burning in my eye and spoke through grinding teeth, "I won't let you, remember."

I shoved her on the ground and put my converse on her collarbone. "What are you doing?" Lisa asked, her voice quivering.