Chapter Six, Second Half: A Team Reborn

Asahiyama Locker Room

  "HELL YEAH!!!" Isamu yelled out in excitement as their team was celebrating their 3-1 lead in the first half. "At this rate, we're gonna win it!" Yuto spoke out, smiling as he said this. The rest of the team agreed, well, not everyone. "We can't let it get to your head though." Aoi spoke out as he finished his drink of water. His expression was serious when he said this. "C'mon Aoi! Just take this celebration! Gotta do so while it lasts, right?" Ritsu replied, putting his arm around Aoi's shoulder. "That's the point, while it lasts." Aoi replied back, taking another drink from his water bottle. "Ahh, you can't really let us have our fun." Riku replied, still having a smile on his face. "Well? If you say so, what should we do if they do catch up?" Banri asked, putting a hand on his hip. "We have two choices. The first is during the start of the second half. We force the ball up the field and don't allow them to get it back. The second is strengthening our defense, taking as much space as we can on our side of the field." Aoi replied, looking over at Banri. "Heh, sounds like a plan." Isamu smiled, getting up from his seat.

—--------------------

Tempo Locker Room

  "Ahh, it feels like we won't be able to catch up." Hotaro leaned back in his seat, he was taking a drink of water when he said this. It felt like there was no hope for their team, as if there was no way they could close the score and catch up. "If we can get through their defense, maybe, just maybe." Renji spoke, hoping others could find ways to do so. "Where the hell is Itoshi when you need him?" Naomi asked, looking around Ryo was nowhere to be found in the locker room. Kanae took a deep breath and exhaled. He leaned back, he was disappointed that he practically sold the team due to him unable to score a single goal for them. Everyone was silent, no one, not a single person spoke. Ren stood up, walking towards the door of the locker room. "Where're you going Azuma?" Ryōsuke asked, wondering where their winger was going. "I'm going to search for Ryo." Ren replied, looking back at the team before leaving into the corridor, leaving the rest of the team in the locker room.

—--------------------

  Rośe and the others were talking to each other and Nelivia put her head on the ledge of the stands. "They need to get their sh!t together." Eliward spoke out, taking a deep breath to calm herself. "I just hope they can catch up in the second half..." Rośe responded, sighing nervously during the five minute break. >Those two aren't performing as well as I remember...< Kokori thought to herself with a dead panned expression on her face.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Metronome Orphanage, 10 years ago

  A young Ryo and Ren playing Football(soccer) with each other. They were just passing the ball to each other. They were just having fun with just that. This was what they did during their free time. "Ryo! Ren!" Nelivia yelled out, getting both of their attention. "Mm?" The two of them responded at the same time, running up to Nelivia. They had a curious look on their faces. "We have someone new we want everyone to meet!" Nelivia spoke, holding their hands and leading them in the main room of the orphanage. When the three arrived, the other children in the orphanage were there. One of the staff members was standing beside a young girl. She had light purple hair that was shoulder-blade length, she had pink eyes and was wearing a red pendant around her neck. She was wearing a white sweater with cat symbols on her sweater. "Introduce yourself." The staff kneeled down next to the girl with a smile on their face. "Um... my name is Kokori..." She introduced herself, her voice was quiet, but it was enough for them to hear her.