Jurassic Park: Chapter 3

Third Person POV

Soon everyone was gathered around a dining table after Jason had wrapped fresh bandaging over his eye, now currently sitting with the group eating the Chilean sea bass while he was given a burger like he wanted.

Everyone listened to the voice of John Hammond in the background TVs explaining the attractions that were soon to be.

John: "None of these attractions are ready yet, but the park will open with the basic tour you're about to take. Other rides will come on-line six or twelve months after that. Absolutely spectacular designs. Spared no expense."

Donald: "And we can charge anything we want: 2,000 a day, 10,000 a day. And people will pay it. Then there's the merchandise. I can personally--"

The more Donald explained the more Jason already felt like leaving and going to see Rexy.

Jason: 'Money grubber...'

John: "Donald. Donald. This park was not built to cater only for the super rich. Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals."

Donald chuckled.

Donald: "Sure. They will. We'll have, uh, a coupon day or something."

John chuckled but Jason knew it was fake, knowing full well that Donald was only thinking of the money.

Jason: 'If I get a chance, I'm feeding this greedy lawyer to the Herrerasaurs'

Ian: "Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, um, staggers me."

Donald: "Well, thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different than you and I had feared."

Ian: "Yeah. They're a lot worse."

Donald: "Now wait a second. We haven't even seen the park yet, and you--"

John then cut the lawyer off, wanting to hear Ian out.

John: "No, Donald, Donald. Donald, let him talk. I want to hear every viewpoint. I really do."

Ian then sat up, looking to John as he decided to get into detail.

Ian: "Yeah. Don't you see the danger, uh, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic Power's the most awesome force the planets ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun."

Donald: "It's hardly appropriate to start hurling generalizations--"

Unfortunately for Donald, Ian wasn't having it with the lawyer.

Ian: "If I may. Um, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here. Uh, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You know, you read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn't earn a knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... For it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunch box. And now you're selling it. You wanna sell it. Well--"