II

ₜₕₑy dₒₙ'ₜ wₐₙₜ ₘy ₗₒᵥₑ, ₜₕₑy ⱼᵤₛₜ wₐₙₜ ₘy ₚₒₜₑₙₜᵢₐₗ
Dedicated to those of you who picked yourselves up from the flames.
⚠️ alcohol, cussing, hella disrespect

APPARENTLY MY brother is friends with the entire school because i did not invite this many people

APPARENTLY MY brother is friends with the entire school because i did not invite this many people. its a random weekend on a saturday for fucks sake. Just hearing Freya talk about each one is making my head turn. This guys cute, that guys creepy, some dude i should stay away from. And by the way, i'm listening to every fucking word, i love it when people rant to me, preferably their interests but i guess people from their school works as well.
But half the people she said to stay away from are in my friend group, so that'll be a nice surprise for her later when schools back in session. Right now its summer, my 2nd year.  I will be getting my bachelors this year, and Ganke his masters. We're both in the bathroom, i am sat on the counter next to the sink and mirror applying makeup, Freya is perched on the bathtub going through the list of people Ganke assumably sent to her phone. I already have heard of or met firsthand most of them, but she's having fun so who am i to stomp on her parade? Finishing my eyeliner i perfect my highlighter and stand, freya doesn't move from her spot, continuing to talk about my boyfriend, Gunther, a tall and broad male with dreads. Sounds like she's not so fond of him, however she must know a lot about him given what im hearing. So they have history, huh? It'll be an interesting year for sure. My last year of college. Gunther never talked about her, i wonder why? My man shouldn't be keeping shit.

Wait. "Gunther is invited?" I didn't invite him, and my brother hates him. Who could've invited him? Freya doesnt seem to like him either. The fuck? "Yes.. why? You know him?" Freya asks temporarily meeting my eyes. If only she knew. "Oh i more then know him. Who invited him? Do you know?" I hate to quiz her, but this isn't adding up.
"Yeah uhm—Miles did, y'know. Morales?" Freya sounds nervous, caution peaks through her tone, maybe its because im mean mugging her through my mirror, or maybe its cause shes keeping something from me.
"I'll go talk to morales. You stay here, aight? I'll be back." You got me fucked up if you think ima sit there. What the fuck is his motive, he never cared about my man before, why the fuck he caring now? I left before freya could argue, and found my way back towards miles as if we were magnets finding one another. I might be overreacting, but miles is not exactly a stranger to trying to ruin my relationships. "Morales, talk to me. You got my attention, that what you wanted?" The braided male turns his head towards me and i swear a cocky smirk had spread its way onto his lips.
"Its all I've been wanting, mami."
"Don't turn this into something its not."
"Something its not? What even is 'it' cariño?" I can feel the growl in his tone, he's running out of patience and i can tell. Well Im pretty fucking low on patience myself. "Don't make this hard morales, whats your business with my boyfriend? You know who im talking about." Gunther was the first guy i trusted after miles, and it took me a long time to decide he was the one for me. In my childhood, Male figures in my life were scary to me, they feel numb to me now. I don't feel anything around them.
"Answer my question ma."
"Its.. We're.. something that should've died when he did." I swallow my own spit, i shocked myself when i said that. I don't like thinking of his downfall, sometimes it manages to put tears in my eyes, my consequences being a waterfall that only stops once theres not no sadness, but no tears left to cry. After a rather..long period of time, miles speaks up.
"You gon' wanna apologize to Gunther." I could've figured that out by myself. People are gonna start arriving soon, i cant help but feel a little bad.. but, he—Ykw, no. He fucking what. I'm done doing nothing and moping around like a whiny bitch. I walk off without a second word, i'm not gonna loose more people to him.

Less then 30 minutes of making  punch and setting up a table of alcohol and a side of pizza, people started appearing. I half convince myself to stay and not lock myself in a room, but i have priorities to take care of, like apologizing to Gunther for whatever and making sure my brother gets off my ass. Maybe you can meet the gang, yeah, you. The one reading MY story. I have one thing to say before she deletes this—r̶e̶a̶d̶ a̶l̶l̶ h̶i̶n̶t̶s̶

Less then 30 minutes of making  punch and setting up a table of alcohol and a side of pizza, people started appearing. I half convince myself to stay and not lock myself in a room, but i have priorities to take care of, like apologizing to Gunther for whatever and making sure my brother gets off my ass. Maybe introduce freya to the gang. After i get things sorted, that is. My legs tremble and i can barely keep myself still, all a part of the adrenaline i had gotten talking to miles... Fuck me, man. I stand with freya in the meantime, she had come down when i took a little too long with miles. I had to apologize a couple times..
More then a couple maybe. This party is fucking lame as hell right now. A familiar red car rolls up onto the street, Gunthers car. Apparently i wasn't the only one keeping an eye out, because miles left to greet him. What the fuck is going on.

I make my way through the door, stopping at his car as well. Miles pauses, shutting his mouth and stepping away from the door, i notice that Gunthers face drops, a stoic expression replacing his once friendly demeanor. Okay what the actual fuck. "Hi baby, you need help carrying anything inside?" I speak with a sweet tone, i cant blame him for whatever miles had said, so i'll just act a little sweeter then before.
"I'm good. The men are talking here, go back inside."
This bitch said what. I look over at morales to see if we both caught that, and he looks equally as shocked, or as shocked as his pokerface could look. NAHHHH hoe has me siding with fucking morales? Thats crazy.. "pardon? Babe wtf." I'm not apologizing to no man who talks like that, im out. Miles is apparently the quiet kid in school or smth because he's observing everything instead of speaking up or saying jack shit. "I'll see you inside, you were dismissed." What is this? A fucking classroom? What is this ghetto bitch on? Regardless, i swallow my pride and make my way inside to the alcohol table. I need a fucking drink. I blindly grab whatever, i call it alcohol roulette. Plopping my ass down i text my group.

———————————————————————
NICKI MINAJ BACKUP DANCERS

#1 sugar baby;
Yall bets be comin' to the party. I cant handle this alone u know that

Pookie;
Ofc gurl, we can't miss baby's first time hosting 😝

#1 sugar baby;
Ha ha. Its actually ganke's party

Dick rider;
On my way! don't drink w/o us bitch 🫃🏾
omw*

#1 sugar baby;
"On my way! 😄"

Dick rider;
Stfu. I ain't that excited.
See u there fam ✌🏾

———————————————————————

I close my phone, the illuminated light disappearing completely as i sip the alcohol i had grabbed, i really didn't give a shit about waiting, they took too long. Shortly after, they had arrived. I watch as they all walk through the door with huge ass grins on their faces, each one of them scanning the area, before their eyes land on me. I notice them make their way over, and greet me. "Damn girl, you're looking good! Your man is outside with that guy you hate, you think they finna fight?" My dear friend, Tonya asks me, I then scoff, i can admit i was petty. "I won't be surprised if they make out." This earns some weird looks from my group, each looking at one another.
"Why the hell would he do that?"
"Look at them! They're so fucking buddy buddy with each other, and Gunther is acting like a bitch." I vent a little bit, and explain the situation to those around me. "Well what does miles want? Money? An apology? Head? Talk to him."

"None of those sound too bad."
Home wrecker.

1495 words |
{HINT; read all underlined words}
(published— 22: 2023)
Unedited—not looked over.