Promises

You struggled aimlessly for quite a while, squirming in the hold of the ropes that held your arms and legs tightly to you. Eventually you got onto your back, chest rising and falling from the exertion. The fins on either size of your head twitched to the sound of birds. great, it was nightfall. how long had you been tied up like this?

you were actually beginning to wonder if the two men were ever going to come back. maybe they just left you here to die, it really wouldn't be surprising. After a while of staring at the odd ceiling, you heard the door creak. "hello again" said an accented voice. Your fins perked, a brow raising as you looked over to see the big horned male again. "Hi" you said, impatiently.

He strode across the floor with a presence of importance and entitlement. Looking closer you could see the smooth grey of his arms and neck dug with scars, old and new.

"You're wrong" he said, his R's rolling heavily from his tongue as he lifted the chair you were in. You were relieved as the world was right side up, but rose a brow at his words. "About?" You ask. He chuckles, and kneels down to be eye level with you. "Being empress isn't the only way to survive" he said, a smirk on his lips as he eyed you.

Warm lowblooded hands untied your ropes, and you cradled a burned wrist against your chest. He looked at it before pursing his lips and offering a hand of assistance. "Have you ever heard of the signless?" He asked, guiding you to the door, and the sound of voices.