𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖊

{𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙}

Claudia sits gracefully by her window sill, a vision of beauty with her pale skin, flawless figure, and cascading blonde hair that drapes to her mid-thighs. In the tranquil night, she's engrossed in her book, wrapped in silence. Suddenly, her door flings open, jolting her. The maid rushes in, her face drained of color. "Your majesty," she stammers, "the emperor is ruthlessly slaughtering the concubines at the ruby palace." Shock courses through Claudia's veins, her serene moment shattered by the grim news.

"Why, what happened?" Claudia asks, her shock evident. "The Lady Diana... she's died in childbirth," the maid reveals. Grief and disbelief wash over Claudia, her features contorting with sorrow at the tragic news.

"Diana has what?" Claudia exclaims, jolting to her feet, her book forgotten. "The Lady Diana has passed, but your majesty, I beg you, please stop the emperor! He's slaughtering everyone in sight," the maid pleads urgently. Claudia's eyes widen with a mix of grief and horror, the weight of the news and the impending crisis heavy on her heart.

Claudia's resolve solidifies, and she dashes past her maid, sprinting towards the ruby palace where the concubines lived. Her determination fuels her rapid pace as she races to prevent her brother Claude from causing further harm. The urgency in her steps mirrors the gravity of the situation, as she's driven by the need to halt the senseless violence and preserve any lives that remain.

Inside the palace, Claudia charges towards Claude, who is mere moments away from ending the lives of the last remaining concubines.

"Claude!" she bellows, her voice cutting through the tense air, freezing his actions in their tracks.

Amidst the shock and relief of the onlooking knights, Claudia's name escapes Felix's lips, laden with relief. However, her focus remains unwavering on her brother, Claude, who stands in a state of internal conflict. His quiet demeanor belies the waves of sorrow and anger emanating from him. Stepping closer, Claudia's voice is both commanding and compassionate as she addresses him.

"Claude, stop," she implores, each step she takes a bridge between them, her determination to quell the violence and reach her troubled brother palpable.

"I know you're angry and heartbroken, but these women are innocent. Don't take it out on them," Claudia pleads, positioned squarely in front of her brother. She gently lowers his blood-stained sword, even as a minor nick mars her hand. "Let them live, let them go," she implores, her eyes locked onto his with a mixture of concern and desperation. "Claude, please," she repeats, her voice carrying the weight of their shared history and her heartfelt plea for reason.

Claude gazes at his sister, his face devoid of emotion, yet the sorrow in his eyes remains unmistakable. "Very well, let's see if that thing can live up to its name," he mutters, his glare fixed on the blonde baby swathed in blankets, cradled in the arms of Lillian York.

After Claude and his knights depart, Felix sends a regretful glance towards Claudia. As they vanish from sight, a wave of relief washes over Claude, causing her to sink to her knees. With emotions spilling over, she faces Lillian York. "Can... can I hold my niece?" Claudia's voice trembles with hesitation as she makes her request.

"Of course, Your Majesty," Lillian replies softly, passing the baby into Claudia's waiting arms. Claudia holds the newborn with tender care. "She's beautiful. What did Diana name her?" she inquires, her gaze shifting to Lillian.

"It's Athanasia," Lillian answers. Claudia's eyes widen in response before a gentle smile graces her lips as she gazes at the peacefully sleeping baby. "A beautiful name for a beautiful angel," Claudia remarks, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

"Lillian, I trust that you'll be able to care for her in Diana's place. It's what she would have wanted," Claudia says softly, carefully returning Athanasia to Lillian's arms.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Thank you for putting your trust in me. I won't fail you," Lillian replies with determination and gratitude in her voice.

"I'll come check on you each now and then and do not stress about costs or anything like that I'll pay for the nessesities ."Claudia said before walking off, she smiled when she heard Lillian thank her once more. Claudia now stood outside of the ruby palace and gazed at the night sky.

"I have a feeling that things are going to change from here on out."she murmurs ,quietly returning to her palace.

If anybody heard her cry that night, they chose not to speak of it .