⚠️ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ⚠

a goddess told megood morning

a goddess told me
good morning

⚠️ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ꓘ ⚠

"what's this?" macK asked, walking through the tunnel and toward a ton of puppies.

"some pet fundraiser. i got an email about it but i didn't read it," cj shruggdd.

"i don't think i need another dog." the older boy mumbled. cj was the only one who'd experienced sky first hand. when cj was hurt, he took care of her. she was not a sweet little angel like he expected.

"that dogs fighting some mad demons," cj scrunched his nose.

"i know, she ate my entire breakfast, bit me three times, chased me into the bathroom, nearly mowed me over twice, and i'm pretty sure she emoted on me after this morning."

"your dog did that?" josiah gray chuckled, entering the conversation.

"no, man i know exactly what you're talking about. that little jig she does on her hind legs? she did that to me too!" cj exclaimed, seriously. josiah was looking at them concerned.

"yeah, that thing!" he agreed, "my dog walked straight out of hell," macK explained to josiah nonchalantly.

"no way, what type of dog is it?" he asked.

"black lab."

"aren't those things supposed to be nice?"

"yeah."

"supposed to be," cj retorted.

"is it vaccinated?" josiah continued.

"uhhh," macK thought for a moment, "oh my god, i don't think i ever got around to that."

"my mom had this crazy-ass dog when we were younger. apparently it had rabies, and that's why it acted out. as soon as it got its shots? boom. it was good. it healed on a farm for a little, and then it was an angel." he suggested.

"i don't think dogs are supposed to survive rabies..." cj trailed, swallowing. he sensed the offness of the story.

"sky's gonna die?!" macK shouted, as a girl with alluring blue eyes was startled by his voice. the boy gazed over at her analytically.

she quickly looked away, as the three guys went back to their bewildering chat.

"you have to hurry, man!" josiah gasped.

"ummm," cj hummed, "you mind telling me what type of dog you had?"

"it was a doberman."

cj grimaced before pursing his lips and shuffling his feet. it was nearly impossible for a dog not to die from rabies... meaning his dog died. and his mom rescued a new one and said it was the exact same dog. he wasn't gonna tell him though. he'd let mommy do that.