Chapter 8

HELLOOOOO!! How are you guys???
I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!
I feel like even though it's pretty simple, it sets the tone for a lot of what's going to happen in the story.
Please let me know your thoughts as you read!! I love reading your comments!!
With love,

-Em

—————————————-

August 9th
Monte Carlo, Monaco.
Neutral POV

Micah had spent most of her morning working on her laptop, getting all the questions ready for the next episode of the documentary. They were going to film the sit down interview on the following day, and she wanted everything to go smoothly, determined to gain some more engagement, at least enough to keep the audiences coming back for more after each week. She had a few ideas fleshed out already, and she'd even sent an e-mail to the production company asking for approval before she could send the entire pitch to the Red Bull media team. So, naturally, in the burning heat of summertime Monaco, she decided it was time for an iced tea break.

Max, on the other hand, had spent his entire morning on the simulator and he hadn't even ran into Micah since their encounter by the pool the previous night. It was for the better, he thought, because he wasn't sure if things were going to be awkward at all between them, or if they'd go back to jumping at each other's throats the first chance they got. So he didn't hear her opening the front door to grab the company car Red Bull had assigned her and drive to the nearest Starbucks. On her way out the doorway, however, she stopped in her tracks when she saw someone opening up the front gate and walking into Max's porch.

"Oh- hello?" a tall, dark blonde woman with stunning features stated.

Micah was a bit shocked, not having expected company. But then again, this was Max's house, and she hadn't seen him at all that day, so how was she supposed to know if he had invited someone over? Still, the possibility of the woman being an uninvited guest loomed in the back of her mind and she decided to make sure that wasn't the case. After all, famous people usually had all sorts of stalker stories. It wouldn't hurt to check, would it? Maybe Max would get mad at her again, if she said the wrong thing. But if she ended up saving him from a crazed fan, she was sure he wouldn't be able to throw it back in her face.

"Hello." Micah said. "Are you a friend of Max's?" she asked politely.

The other girl raised an eyebrow. "And who might you be?" Ok, then.

"I'm a journalist, I'm working with him."

"Inside his house?" she questioned Micah.

"Yeah, we'll be staying here for the rest of the break."

"Who's we?"

Micah was growing impatient at all the absurd questioning. To be honest, it only made the whole thing look more suspicious in her eyes. After all, if she really knew Max, she would surely know about the documentary, Max would have told her about his busy filming schedule during the summer break, wouldn't he? "He didn't tell you about any of this?"

The other girl seemed to become exasperated by Micah's presence. "We have more interesting things to talk about, sorry."

"I'm sure." Micah replied. "You still haven't answered my question. This isn't my house, so I don't think its owner would appreciate me letting people in without checking with him first." she explained, grabbing her phone from her purse, ready to call him just to ask for confirmation.

Ding. Ding. Ding. No answer. Damn it, that man and his simulator. It was as if the earth swallowed him whenever he went inside that room. He was unreachable.