An Unwanted Team

_________________________________________

✧˖*°࿐

"I was thinking of wearing it like this, what do you think?"

Kazumi held a hand to her chin. Without even realising it, she spent the last five minutes watching Sakura wrap her headband in all kinds of places. That was until the blonde girl eventually snapped her fingers.

"I prefer the first version." She quickly spoke when Sakura suddenly had second thoughts and decided to begin wrapping it around her arm.

It... just didn't look right.

"Really?" Her brows lifted, halting her action.

Sakura didn't hesitate in placing the protector back on the top of her hair. She wore it just like a headband while Kazumi kept hers tied around her right thigh instead.

Sakura didn't comment on this 'unusual' decision of hers and went along to skip ahead as they reached the academy entrance. The classroom was a lot more lively than before, mostly due to the joy of students becoming officially genin ranked.

"If only you were a boy... it could've been me, you and Sasuke-kun." The kunoichi sadly sighed as she mumbled, though her mood flipped when her eyes landed on a certain raven-haired boy from across the room.

Kazumi's face contorted into conflict when catching her words.

"What do you mean by —"

Her processing was interrupted when Sakura abruptly pulled her wrist to drag Kazumi with her. She then let go of Kazumi when she stopped in front of a specific desk.

Kazumi's eyes instantly landed onto light blue irises. It was Uzumaki Naruto. She stared at him with a mixture of shock and confusion.

Kazumi was sure the tanned-boy failed; it seemed like her previous observation with Sanjiro was wrong.

The two blondes stared at each other for a few more short seconds before Naruto was the first to turn his head away from her and back towards Sakura, his cheeks flushed a deep red upon seeing Sakura's face.

It was then Kazumi recalled the Uzumaki's open crush on Sakura, making her deadpan at the unnecessary and confirmed rumour. She'd believe a shinobi had no time for love, which was why she always cringed at her lonely uncle's unusual taste in books.

Romance books.

"Naruto! Move your ass!! We want to sit here!" Sakura shouted with a rude index finger pointed at him and her other hand thrown out, pointing her thumb to Kazumi's chest.

Just like that Naruto's blissfulness was crushed, "Huh!?"

Kazumi quickly lifted her arms up, defensively, "I'll pass. Sakura, you can sit there... I'll find another seat." She calmly spoke, not keen on sitting in the same row as her shinobi rival and a halfwit blonde.

Speaking of shinobi rival, Kazumi's eyes drifted to him.

Uchiha Sasuke.

He was already glaring at her with his guard clearly up from her superior tone. His raven-black hair was slicked into a weird style; a style he always had since they were younger. His black irises were filled with indifference, yet challenge towards Kazumi's stare.

Since the first day of the academy, the two were the highest ranked amongst the top five.

Kazumi (having more experience) was much more skilled than Sasuke. This was the birth of the Uchiha's strong displeasure towards her, and the beginning of a tense relationship. Ever since then, the two were known for that rocky rivalry.
Yet, it still somehow managed to make many of the girls jealous of Kazumi.