00 ; prologue

What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up? Asks Newt for about the millionth time that day.

Not sure. She's in a coma-type thing. She keeps saying something, but we can't make out what it is yet. Clint states.

Newt looks over at the girl. Long brown hair spread out across the pillow that her head is resting on. She wears a grey t-shirt with sleeves ending just past her elbows, and black leggings.

A girl. The only girl. The Glade was filled with confusion when she came up earlier, asleep in the middle of the Box.

Now, her lips move, making a mumbling sound. Newt leans down closer, trying to hear but she stops before he can catch anything. He's about to move away when she speaks again. It's so quiet Newt almost doesn't hear it.

T-Thomas.

Thomas. Newt says, looking up at Clint who was watching in anticipation. She said Thomas. Write it down!

Are you sure?

Ye-

Thomas. Thomas! The girl sits blot upright all at once, her eyes wide open, gasping for breath.

Clint quickly makes his way around the bed and towards the door muttering I'll get Alby, as he goes.

Newt places his hand on the girls back. She looks at him, her bright blue eyes filled with pure terror.

Wha- where am I? Why can't I remember anything?

Hey, hey! It's okay, just calm down. Newt says, soothingly.

She takes a deep breath then asks, Who are you? In a shaky voice.

My name is Newt,he replies, Can you remember your name?

No. Why can't I remember?She's calmed down a bit now but the fear is still present in her eyes.

It's okay, Newt removes his hand from her back and sits down on the bed in front of her. We can't remember anything either. Just our first name. Don't worry, you'll remember it soon.

Just then Alby and Clint burst into the Med-Jack's room.

Does she remember anything? Alby asks almost straight away, as he takes a seat on the other side of the bed.

No, she doesn't. But we made out what she was saying. Newt replies. The girl looks over at Alby and back at Newt.

What? What was I saying? The fear was suddenly replaced with confusion and curiosity.

You kept saying the name Thomas. You shouted it right before you woke up. Can you remember saying it? Newt looks closely at the girl.

N-no. She looks genuinely shocked.

Did you see anything while you were asleep? Alby pushes. Newt knows how much even one answer will mean to him. Do you know who Thomas is?

I have no idea. I-I can't remember anything. She says sadly.

Okay. I'll be in the Homestead. Alby says to Newt, We'll have a meeting later. Be ready Greenie. And he walks towards the door.

Wait! The girl shouts suddenly before Alby gets to the door. My name. My name is Phoebe.