Alamort |2|

Warning(s): Swearing, mentions of death, grief and underage drinking

-----------

It's been a long day and you were absolutely exhausted. You felt like you were going to pass out, you quickly changed into your pj's and as soon as your body hit your bed you practically melted. Not too long after that you fell asleep, if only you would have enjoyed it.

Your right leg bounced as you stared at your phone, you bit on your nails and your younger brother gave out a huff. "Staring at the phone isn't going to make him call. You're just making the waiting ten times worse," your younger brother said, taking the seat beside you. You sighed and rubbed your hands anxiously up and down your thighs.

"He said he'd call as soon as they were done. It's been forever! Why the hell hasn't he called yet?" You knew the possible answer but couldn't bear to say it out loud.

"I'm sure he's fine, fighting ghost face doesn't seem like a five minute type of thing." You had gotten a call from Dewey earlier saying he was going to the hospital because ghostface was there and reassured he'd call you right after if he got back safely. If. You didn't like that if he snuck in there. He talked to both you and your younger brother, it was like he was saying goodbye. As if he knew this would be the last time he'd talk to either of you. They must've arrived at the hospital because you could barely get a word out before he gave one last "Bye, I love you guys" and hung up the call.

You had thought about going to the hospital yourself but your brother was strongly against it. He blocked the door when you tried to leave, not wanting you to fall victim to ghostface. It had happened before in your family and he refused to let history repeat.

An hour later was when you found out. When you got the call you immediately took your brother and rushed down to the hospital. You felt numb as you watched Dewey's lifeless body being covered by a tarp. I should've been there, you thought to yourself repeatedly. You looked over to your brother, his eyes never pulled away from the tarp that covered Dewey. He broke out into sobs as you held him close, still in shock that this was actually happening.

As soon as you and Gale made eye contact, she ran up to you and hugged you both tightly. You couldn't stop thinking about how you just sat there, safe and sound in the trailer while Dewey was gutted in cold blood.

You woke up, covered in sweat. You rubbed your eyes before frantically looking at your surroundings. You weren't in Woodsboro anymore, you were in your apartment in New York. You sat up in your bed while breathing heavily.

You've been having the same dream– or well, nightmare ever since Dewey's passing. Your mind refused to let you forget the day you just sat there as the closest thing you had to a father figure was taken from you.

You were exhausted. You barely got two hours of sleep last night, constantly being met with the same memory. With Dewey's death anniversary getting closer and closer, the nightmares were only getting worse. It was now five am, there was still a lot of time to pass before class started. You took a shower to wash off all the sweat you made from tossing and turning. By the time you finished getting ready it was only six am.

The rest of your morning was spent watching Brooklyn Nine Nine while enjoying a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. You eventually left your apartment, making your way to your first class. Unfortunately, you had history which meant you were stuck with Tara once again.

No matter how many seats were vacant, she always chose to sit next to you. It put your teeth on edge but you knew she was doing it solely to piss you off. Goodness, she was annoying.