Chapter 1- Run

chinchilla : little girl gone

Thank fuck I've finally made it back to civilisation

Thank fuck I've finally made it back to civilisation. I feel like I've been running for days when really it's only been since this morning. I'm in desperate need for a break but I know that bloody psycho is probably right behind me and if I stop I'm right back in his hands.

I look back over my shoulder making sure he's not there anymore and once I'm certain he's not, I turn back smashing into someone and knock myself down. I look up at the man standing above me in the shadow of the streetlights and suck in a breath startled by the collision. He's someone I wouldn't forget quickly, but then I'm good at picking people out in a group.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Are you okay?" He asks putting out a hand to help me up.

I gratefully take it pulling myself to my feet. "I'm fine."  I mutter trying to hide how heavy my breathing is.

I look behind me once more seeing a shadow moving in the distance. I really need to keep moving.

"Are you sure?" He says following where I had looked previously.

"Yeah." I smile slightly knowing that did not sound convincing.

I see his eyes dart around my body noticing the tears in my coat and no doubt the dirt covering my clothes. I might be in all black, but the blood and signs of a struggle are evident in my appearance.

"Let me help you. Is...is someone after you?" He whispers looking across my shoulder once more as I had done before.

I do the same double checking just to be sure before answering him. I sigh beginning to get frustrated, "Look I don't want anyone else involved. I need to keep moving so thanks for your concern but I'm fine."

"Please, my apartment is around the corner. Why don't you lay low until morning?"

"Really, I'll be fine. I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You're not, I'm offering. Now come on quickly, you're in a hurry right?" He raises an eyebrow and holds out a hand to me.

"Erm...yeah but look I can't-"

"It's really no trouble, please. I can't leave you out here alone."

I sigh looking behind me once more, "Fine." I mutter before he begins leading the way to what I assume is his apartment.

I really shouldn't involve anyone else in this. I should've kept running. I shouldn't even have apologised. I'm the one that fell over after all.

Arriving at a pretty nice apartment on the ground floor of the block, I follow after the man as he goes to the kitchen grabbing a couple of glasses before pouring some water and pushing it across the counter to me. I happily oblige feeling my throat dry up from all the running in the cold air.

"Take a seat. I'll grab you some blankets."

He stands at the counter and waits until I take a seat on the sofa before leaving to grab the blankets. This place is amazing, it's so modern, nearly everything pristine white with extravagant art decorating the walls.

"I'm heading to bed, busy day tomorrow. Make yourself comfortable and get some rest." He smiles as he leaves down the blankets on the back of the sofa.

"Thanks." I say, a slight smile gracing my face.

When he leaves I snuggle up on the sofa not wanting to let sleep take over afraid of the man still looking for me somewhere, but ultimately loosing as exhaustion suddenly strikes.

* * * * * * *

My body shoots up upon hearing voices at the door down the hall from where I am. I knew I shouldn't have stayed here. Who knocks on someone's door so early in the morning?

"Thanks Tae." The voice mutters, frustration apparent in his tone.

I'd recognise that voice anywhere. And in any tone having heard him speak to me in so many different ways.

"How the hell did she get away from you anyway?" The man which I suppose is called Tae sniggers, clearly finding this funny.

"She's quite the little actor." I can hear the anger through his low voice as the two of them converse. He's gonna kill me.

I slowly get up trying to be as quiet as possible before looking around for some sort of window to climb out of. Finding one just to the side of the house, I creep over lifting it quietly until I hear footsteps and quietness is no longer the goal. I need to get out of here now.

I have one leg out the window when I make eye contact. "Don't you run on me again." He growls as he runs towards me.

I drag the rest of my body out the window slamming it shut just as he reaches it. We stare at each other for what feels like forever but is really only one second before he darts away and I do the same running for my life once again.

Looking back I see him run out of the door looking for me, the other guy clearly working with him coming out slightly after. Once they both spot me they discuss briefly before my original captor starts running for me again whilst the other pulls out a phone heading back inside.

I turn away heading back for the tree line before deciding that that didn't end well earlier today so instead I stay to the town hoping I can either find somewhere to lay low or he gives up. I imagine the latter is not going to happen any time soon.

-A/N- Welcome to Runaway! I hope you enjoy. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for reading :)