Chapter 7

James pov:
I've been in bed staring at the ceiling. I don't know what to do about Emily. I considered calling Riley because I really need to hear her voice right now. But it's a school night and I know she goes to sleep at 10 on school nights. After a while I start to drift asleep. My phone starts to buzz and I wake up and look at it. Riley texted me.

R: hey you up?

J: yeah

After I send the text she calls me

Riley's pov:
I call James because I can't sleep. I usually go to bed at 10, but I can't get my mind off of what happened at the studio. He needs to know how wrong his relationship is with Emily. "Hey what's up" James's tired voice say. "Wha- you said you were awake!" I say knowing he just woke up. "We'll I'm awake now...what's up?" I roll my eyes. "We'll I can't sleep, I'm afraid of thunderstorms, and I need to talk to you about Emily." I say. "Don't even worry about it." He says before he hangs up. "Wha- James?? Hellooooo?" 30 minutes later I'm still awake and now I'm pissed cuz James hung up on me. I hear a tap on my window and brush it off thinking it's just a tree branch or something. Then I hear s knock. I get up, turn on a light and open the curtains. "James?" I'm so confused. "Can you let me I don't think you noticed but it's pouring outside." He responds. I roll my eyes again and open the window. He climbs through getting water everywhere. "What are you doing here?" I ask while I throw him a towel. "You couldn't sleep, your afraid of thunderstorms, and you needed to talk to me about Emily." He says like it's no big deal he climbed up my house and through the window during a thunderstorm to help me.

"I'm actually really glad you called." He tells me while drying his hair. "I was debating calling you but I figured you were asleep since it's past 10." I can't believe how well he knows me. How much he would do for me. I've never had a person like him in my life before. Lighting and thunder flashes and disrupts my thoughts. James sees me flinch and puts his hand on mine to calm me down. To no surprise it worked. "Um so you and Emily." I say as I pull my hand away. He closes his eyes in frustration. "I don't know what to do about her!" He yells. "She ignores anything I say, screams at me for no reason. She has no respect for my feelings Riley." "I know." I tell him. "I know you know. You see it." He responds lowering his voice and softening his tone. He moves his body closer to mine and stares into my eyes. "James no matter how insane she makes you feel, your still with her." I tell him. I know what it would lead to if I didn't.

"What if I don't want to be with her." He says. "What if I wanna be with someone who's favorite color is light blue. Who's favorite soda is root beer. Who's third grade teachers name was mrs Lawson." He takes a step closer to me. Our bodies are practically touching. I can't help but blush. He remembered every detail about me I told him. He got hit by a car to protect me. He interlocks his hand with mine again. "We shouldn't" I tell him looking down. "That's not a no." He replies putting his other hand on my cheek. I look up at him and hold his eye contact. Water still dripping off his messy wet hair. He smiles and smashes his lips into mine. I move my hands to his neck while his slide around my waist. The kisses become tougher and more passionate. We walk over to the bed without separating the kiss. Next thing I know he's on top of me and I'm running my hands under his shirt to take it off. He does the same with mine. I know he has to leave before his parents notice he's gone, but I never want this to end.

Xxxxx
Some of this chapter is inspired by another jiley story I can't remember which one, but credits to that writer!!