Dark Cupid

"Amplify!" I call out as my sticks wrapped on my ankles begin to turn into bike locks. On these locks are symbols, visualizing each of my skills. A running person for speed, a flexing arm for strength, a brain for intelligence, a person rock climbing for the ability to climb and a trampoline for the ability to jump. I click the bike lock to the symbol of the person running to enhance my speed. As the symbol falls into place, the same character on the lock appears in the middle of my costume. "See you guys once we defeat Dark Cupid, good luck." I deliver as I run toward the Louver. I stop directly under Dark Cupid and wave frantically. "Yoo-hoo! Hey Bird-Brain! Don't you know cupid is supposed to make people fall in love, not make them hate each other?" He turns to look at me and begins to glare in my direction. "Who are you calling Bird-Brain, dog?" "Actually my name is Lady Canine, cupid. Why don't you come down here and we can get to know each other better." I sneer as I lend out my hand. "Sorry I can't, I have some business to attend to," he says while aiming his bow toward me, "but let me leave you with a parting gift." He lets go of his arrow and shoots it in my direction. With inhuman ability, I sprint to the left, dodging the arrow. "Missed me" I laugh. "W-what. No. T-that was just a, uh, practice shot," he stutters. "Don't worry, next one will hit," he soars toward me with his arrow still guided towards me. "Oh I'm sure it will, if you can catch me," I sprint to keep my distance. As I continue to run, I give a nod to signal Chat to pursue his part of the plan. He nods in return as he hops onto his stick. Chat extends his stick and leans it toward Dark Cupid. Chat Noir leaps onto Dark Cupids back with the Lucky-charm still in his hand. "What the hell-" Dark cupid exclaims as he turns his head to see Chat Noir gripped on his back. "Get off you mangy cat," cupid asserts with annoyance. "Don't you know cats are devoted to catching birds. It's not your lucky day." Dark Cupid scoffs and begins to try to shake Chat off his back by spinning while flying. I turn to look at what's happening and I notice Chat is in trouble. "Chat Noir, the lucky charm, use the lucky charm." I yell. Chat Noir then uses the spray can and begins to drench Cupid's wings together. The feathers dry as Dark Cupid holts his flying. Chat Noir leaps off of the villains back and lands next to me. Cupid then roughly lands onto the ground. Chat noir leans over to my right ear, "Thanks for saving my butt just now." he whispers. "No problem, you owe me though," I smile as I nudge his arm. I then run toward Dark Cupid and I grab the bow. Ladybug hops from the building and lands in front of me and I hand over the object. She then snaps the bow in half over her knee with ease. A small purple butterfly squeezes out of the bow and begins to flutter toward the sky. "Time to de-evilize" Ladybug screams out as her Yo-yo opens up and captures the insect as she spins it in the air. "Bye-bye little butter-fly," Ladybug exclaims as the winged creature is released from the toy and now appears to be pure white. The butterfly then takes off and soars to the sky. Chat Noir then hands the black and red spray can to Ladybug and she throws it into the atmosphere. "Miraculous Ladybug!" she calls out as clouds of pink ladybugs quickly travel around Paris, repairing all the damage Dark Cupid has done to the city and the civilians. Dark Cupid then becomes surrounded by purple butterflies and is then revealed to be a normal teenage boy. "Hey Kim. I'll take you home all right, I'm sure your parents are worried sick," Ladybug tells him as she then turns to me and Chat. "Glad to see you two can work together. It was amazing to work with you Lady Chacal, hope to see you again," she smiles as she takes Kim and leaps from building to building until she was far from view.

            Pink swirls continue to surround the sky. My eyes widen as I look around to watch as Ladybug's power fixes the villain's damage. "Woah. I've seen videos of her powers, but it's nothing like the real thing. It's truly magnificent to watch," I say in amazement. "After years of battling akumatized villains, this part never gets old for me." Chat responds with his eyes following the pink swirls surrounding the air. I look at him as my gaze softens, admiring his appreciation of Ladybug's power. He then turns to look at me as he smiles with eyes furrowed. "I see you're quite the starer," he says teasingly. My face then becomes hot as I turn away from him, "I WAS NOT STARING," I defend. "Sure you weren't, I know when someones falling for me, and that look was the first step," he says smugly. "You arrogant piece of shi-" I growled before I was interrupted by the beeping of my necklace. Chat Noir then turns as he holds his stick in his hand. "I'll leave you to de-transform, I'm sure you don't want to reveal your identity the first day we meet," he smiles. He turns to me and begins to lightly chuckle. He covers his mouth to prevent from laughing more. He removes his hand and waves while smiling again, "See you around Lady Chacal". Chat extends his stick and leaves from view. I can't help but wonder why he laughed before saying goodbye. Another beep from my necklace reminded me of how little time I had left. I quickly conceal myself behind a bench and call out, "De-enhance." My spandex suit and my mask then disappears in a brown glow. Suddenly the kwami of the coyote, Rocco appears from the glow. "Ugh, when will saving the world not be exhausting," Rocco complains as he floats to sit on my shoulder. I hand him a cranberry and pat him on the head. He then looks up at me and begins to laugh. "What, what?! Is there something on my face?" I stutter in concern. "Oh there's something on your face all right, looks like a certain cat boy left you a little parting gift," he replies smugly. "What the hell are you talking about?" I question in panic as I frantically look for my phone. I quickly open my camera to look at myself as my eyes widen in embarrassment. "Oh my god. Oh my god, that's why that stupid cat was laughing at me." My cheeks appeared to be a bright red and felt warm to the touch. "He did leave quite the impression," Rocco justifies. "I can't be flustered by him," I yell. "He's so full of himself and is wayyyyy too flirty," I refute "And not to mention he smells like camembert. Why does he smell like Camembert Rocco?" I question while breathing heavily as Rocco gives me a smug look. "Don't give me that look." I take Rocco and place him in my pocket. "I'll deal with my feelings later, it's too late to deal with this," I say as I start walking home. "Plus you should get ready for school tomorrow, it's your first day," Rocco exclaims. "Oh crap, you're right!" I began to sprint and eventually arrived at my house. I change into my pyjamas,I brush my teeth and then I plop into my bed. "It will be a good school year I can feel it," Rocco expresses as he lays down beside me. I chuckle, "I hope you're right." Rocco adds, "Plus it's not like you don't know anyone there. You'll already have a friend, Chloe Bourgeois." I smile, "You're right Rocco, I'll be ok." I close my eyes and fall asleep with anticipation of what tomorrow will bring.