Chapter 29

Felix pov~

We had walked for another two hours, then saw an area that was definitely brighter than the rest.

We walked into the place and stopped. Aurora looked around, confused.

"They should be here, but...," she mumbled to herself as she stared at one spot. "We will not harm any of you," she softly called out and fluttered her wings, sending a calming breeze out. After a moment, a little head peeked out of a hole. It slowly crawled out and stood up. It looked like a rock with random bits of dirt on it.

"They are elemental nymphs," Aurora explained, "They come in water, fire, wind, earth, nature. Very peaceful creatures that affect the land around them, making it vibrant," she then turned to us with a frown on her face as more of them began to come out. I had not heard of these creatures before. Later, I will look and see if they are in my book.

"They were scared of something," Aurora stated. Steven and I shared a worried look.

"What are you scared of," I softly asked as I crouched down in front of two water and nature nymphs. They did look very scared as they slowly approached me.

"The pale monsters," the nature one said in a shaky tone. I looked back at Aurora and Steven, confused by what it had mentioned.

"The pale.." I mumbled to myself then quickly looked back at them, "vampires," I asked in a low tone. The creatures nodded as they huddled next to each other. Steven came beside me and crouched down.

"Can you tell us what happened," he questioned in a kind tone. The water one stepped forward and hesitantly nodded its head.

"About one moon cycle ago," the water nymph began, "the.. vampires started to hunt us and kill us, saying our blood was needed for something. They will come again once the sun falls," it finished and had its head hung low. I reached out slowly and put a hand on its head, giving it a comforting pat. It looked back up at me and smiled.

"You do not need to worry anymore," I stated firmly as I stood up, "we will take care of your problem," I promised them and all of the little 4 foot tall creatures cheered. I looked back at Steven and Aurora to see if they were in agreement, and they were.

The sun was a few hours away from setting, and the three of us were sitting against a big tree. The creatures were very happy to have our help and kept giving us stuff. I chuckled as a young nature nymph set an apple beside me.

"Thank you," I mumbled, and it smiled and ran off. I picked up the apple and started to eat it. I pulled out my book on creatures and looked for elemental nymphs. I found it and started to read.

Elemental nymphs are creatures that come in different elements. Water, fire, wind, earth, nature. They are small, only reaching 4 feet in height. They have a human like form but resemble the element they are. Nymphs are very peaceful and affect the land around them, making it much more beautiful. They can live for a millennium, and when they die, they turn into their element. They live in big groups but are not found often. They move every 10 or so years to a new location so as to spread their magic and make the land more beautiful. Very simple creatures.

That is very interesting. I put the book back into my bag and leaned back on the trunk. As I munched on the apple, I thought more about what they had said. I bet they were using the nymphs for the ritual for my mom. I felt my fire trying to flare up at my anger, but I held it back so as to not burn the tree.

"Do you think we should set some traps," Steven asked and turned his head to me. I thought for a moment before answering.

"No, the area around here is too pretty for me to set it on fire, and many of the nymphs live under the ground," I responded, shaking my head in disagreement. Aurora nodded her head in agreement, and Steven showed a face of understanding.

"We should get the nymphs to hide and then go to our spots," I instructed as I stood up and they got up with me. We nodded to each other and then set about to making sure the nymphs were in safe spots.

The three of us were spread far apart from each other in different trees. The sun had set hours ago, and we were still watching out for the blood suckers.

I saw a shadow darting from behind a tree and looked closer. It moved again, and I saw it was a vampire. I mimicked the sound of a tiny bird, telling the others I spotted a vampire. After a few more minutes , I spotted 4 more of them and hadn't seen more for a while. It was now time to put our plan into action.

I did another bird call this time a lower pitch. I watched as a fire nymph came out of hiding and pretended to look for a better hiding spot.

"Found one," a vampire hissed out a call to the others and charged the creature. It quickly jumped into a hold, and the ground closed the hole up.

"You can not hide for long," another vampire chuckled darkly, and they began to dig. As they dug, the other vampires came to them as well.

I jumped off of my tree and dived towards them, blowing a stream of fire down and flying back up. It instantly killed two of them, but the other four were able to doge, and their ashes were lying on the ground.

"You.. how have you gotten this far," one of them stuttered out as it got back up from the ground. The others quickly got up as well and glared up at me.

My response was smiling down at them and going on fire.