Ash's First Pokémon

"Ahh!" Misty screamed in terror leaping behind Yuki in fright. The trio had been making their way through the Viridian Forest, towards Pewter City, the sight of Yuki and Ash's first gym.

"What's wrong?" Yuki asked her friend.

"Look over there!" Misty shuddered pointing to a green bug-type Pokemon sitting on the path ahead.

"Oh, cool! It's a Caterpie! It's one of the bug Pokemon." Ashe exclaimed in delight.

"Even if it is a Pokemon, bugs are disgusting, and I don't like them

"Even if it is a Pokemon, bugs are disgusting, and I don't like them. Do something, Yuki." Misty urged her friend.

"I've got this!" Ash declared. "Alright, stand back." He instructed Yuki and Misty who did as he said stepping back so he and Pikachu could take on the Bug-type. "This one's a piece of cake!" He pulled an empty Pokeball off his belt and pressed the button on it, enlarging it. He reached up flipping his cap around and pulling the arm with the Pokeball in its back. "Pokeball go!" The ball hit Caterpie on the head, sucking the small Pokemon inside.

Yuki stood with crossed fingers as the ball wiggled once, twice, three times before a star popped out the top.

A large cheezy grin came across Ash's face as he ran forwards scooping up the pokeball and exclaiming, "Yes! I did it! I DID IT! I caught Caterpie! I did it all by myself! I caught my first Pokemon! This is the first step on my way to becoming the number one Pokemon master in the whole world!" He exclaimed running around and making various poses till he rested his arm on Misty's shoulder, and she glared at him before he hooked arms with her and Yuki pulling them around as he jumped around in celebration. Amy leapt off Yuki's head and sat next to Pikachu who was watching Ash run around in circles with the two girls protesting him pulling them about.

"Ash, you're acting like a" Misty began before Ash shoved his Pokeball into her face.

"Inside this ball is the very first Pokemon I ever caught in my whole life!"

"Great, just keep it away from me, will ya?" Misty said stepping backwards to hide between Yuki and the Pokeball.

"You're not afraid of an itty-bitty Caterpie in a Pokeball, are you?" Ash asked her teasingly outstretching his arm and holding the Pokeball closer to her.

"Bugs get me all bugged out even when they're in a Pokeball. Just keep it away!" Misty yelled.

"I like bugs even if they're not in Pokeballs," Ash informed her, lowering the Pokeball. "It must be great for Caterpie inside the Pokeball all cute and comfortable inside there. I love my new little Pokemon." He said rubbing the Pokeball against his cheek.

"I guess it takes a worm to love a worm," Misty grumbled.

"Misty." Yuki scolded lightly. "Surely Caterpie isn't as bad as you think." Misty merely huffed at her suggestion.