chapter one

"Do you understand why we have to do this, right? We don't have any choice, y/n. Your father and I will die and if that happens, your siblings will suffer. They need us." your mother said. Her voice is shaking as she combs your smooth h/l, h/c hair. You didn't respond as you were just staring blankly at the mirror, looking at yourself. You're disgusted by your parent's plan, but you can't cry anymore because there are no tears left to cry.

She applied blush to your cheeks and red lipstick to your lips. She then doused you with an expensive perfume. She even bought you a new seductive bodycon dress so you could impress the men, as she put it.

"Please understand, y/n. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." She said, crying but you didn't feel pity for her. Hell, you don't care even if your parents die. They are good-for-nothing trash that can't get their shits together. But what made you agree to this? You're thinking about your siblings. You care so deeply about them that you're willing to go through any length just for them to live a peaceful life.

You are the one who will bear the consequences of your parents' greed. They owed Bonten more than three million yen. Of all the loan sharks out there, they asked for money from the most notorious gang in Tokyo. Now that those criminals began harassing your parents, sending them death threats, and beating them in every chance they could get, they'd come up with a plan that they thought would be their best escape.

And yes, your parents considered you to be the "payment". You don't know where the fuck they read or watched those stuff to get the idea, but they are convinced that it is the best way for them to get off the hook. In their own words, a young woman who looks pure and innocent will be the perfect payment for their debt. They really believed that they could sell you like a piece of meat as if those criminals would think that you are worth three million yen. Stupid, right?

You repeatedly told them that they would not accept you because three million is not a joke, but they didn't listen to your pleas, instead, they told you that the Bonten executives like girls, especially the pure-looking ones. They begged and begged you for this, convincing you that this is for the sake of your family. How can that be for the sake of the family when their own daughter will be sold to those who murder people?

As they kneel before you, you glance at your siblings who don't have any idea what is happening. You can't image what kind of life they'll have if the loan sharks kill your parents, or worse, if the gang decides to kill them as well. They won't have any future at all if that happens which is why you agreed. You cried for days until there were no more tears left. Now, you don't feel anything anymore it's as if you already programmed your mind and body for this day.

You also have no idea what will happen to you; they may sell you for prostitution or use you as a human drug cartel; You even considered them stealing your kidneys and selling them on the black market, but you prepared yourself from all of it.

•••

Your parents are going to take you to the club the Bonten owns and from there, you know that it's the end of your life. They left you alone for a few moments to make some phone calls and prepare the car. After a while of staring at yourself in the mirror, you took a deep breath and stepped out of your room. You stop your tracks when you see your sister, who's still half asleep, standing outside.

"Sis? Why are you dressed like that? Are you going somewhere?" your sister asked as she hugged her teddy bear. She's scratching her eyes, trying to wake herself up.

You knelt down and looked at her. "Hey, why are you awake? It's already past midnight."

"I heard someone crying, so I came to check. Are you crying, sis?"