11

"That's all you're getting?" Rea asked in curiosity as she saw his food being served in front of him.

"I'm on a diet."

"That sounds dreadful."

"It is. It's for championships." He shook his head as he also looked at the food in disappointment.

"Racers go on diets? For what?"

"We have to keep ourselves in shape for racing, but we also have to get used to the feeling of not being full. You can probably tell why after your last experience." Heeseung chuckled as he took a sip of his wine before starting to eat his food.

"So that you don't hurl in there." Rea scrunched up her nose at the thought of puking with a helmet on in a thrashing car, but she shook her head as she looked down at her food trying to avoid that thought.

She started eating as her eyes still scanned the room. The lighting was dim, creating more of a hue than anything else. It almost felt like a poetry club more than a restaurant.

The music was amazing, the food so far was great, and the vibe was immaculate.

She was already enjoying everything about the date even though she told herself not to get too excited even if he took her to the moon.

"I have a question."

"What about?"

"The race. I was confused. Why do you stop all the time?"

"Do you mean the pit stops?" He raised his eyebrows in question making him look a lot cuter than before.

She shook her head out of her thoughts before shaking her head again.

"I know about the pit stops, it's to change the wheels to avoid crashes and check the state of the car, I know that much." She said as she lifted her finger and Heeseung playfully clapped his hands in genius sarcasm.

"Wow, you're so smart."

She deadpanned at him before trying to remember the specific words of her question.

"I mean, when there were other laps, I don't even know what I'm saying."

"Oh, the different cycles."

"There's cycles?"

"Yes, there's three, it's to accumulate points for the final win." He explained and she nodded her head in understanding. "Now, I have a question."

"Yes?"

"I never got to ask you why you wanted to be an archeologist, besides the fact that you like buildings."

Rea thought for a moment, before bringing her eyes to the ceiling.

His gaze unwillingly followed hers, and he also slowly looked at the ceiling.

"Can you see the shape of the ceiling?"

Heeseung furrowed his eyebrows a little before nodding his head.

"Yeah. It's kind of circle-ish."

"That's called a dome ceiling. And do you see the plaster designs on the edges? Like the vines and things like that. Tangling together." She spoke quietly, almost in awe and he hummed as he stared at the places she was pointing. "That alone tells me that this place is probably more than two centuries old."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, quickly looking at her. "Really? How do you know that?"

"The design style is called Rococo. It was used a lot during the sixteen hundreds, by the French royal court, especially the king. It was like the high ceilings for the Kardashians, every rich person had it in France. You can't really find this type of design in an average home, it's very hard to master in our modern times."