3.8 - super cool party people

Sometimes, Avery put herself in situations that had her questioning her sanity

Sometimes, Avery put herself in situations that had her questioning her sanity. Like right now, she was sat in a plane with a parachute strapped to her back getting ready to jump.

"Alright Logan, you're first" Robert shouted.

Logan nodded and walked to the edge before jumping. Avery, Colin, Finn, and Robert stood there watching as Logan fell.

Their eyes continued to follow him until...

"Oh my god" Avery winced as she watched her make contact with the side of a cliff

The boys cringed as they watched Logan continuously hit the rocks.

"Quick, Avery. The flares" Finn yelled

Avery gave him and incredulous look "We're still in the plane, Finn"

"So?" He asked

"I can't-" Avery cut herself and shook her head before making her way to talk to the pilot of the plane.

What a way to mastery the trip.

"Do you think he's still alive?"

Avery's head snapped back toward the boys "Robert!"

***

The group was flown to New York and Logan was taken to the hospital. Colin and Finn were sitting in the waiting while Avery tried to convince the nurse to give her an update on the blonde.

"I'm sorry ma'am, it's hospital regulations. I can't give you any information unless you're family." The nurse said

"He's my best friend, okay. He is family" Avery pleaded

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you"

Avery sighed "Okay, sorry for wasting your time. Thank you"

The girl turned to walk back to her friends and saw Rory standing there arguing with them. Avery let out a deep breath before going to stand next to Colin.

"We're gonna adopt him" Finn said

Avery bit back a laugh as Rory's face contorted in anger.

"Can you guys not take anything seriously? Your best friend is laying in a hospital and your making jokes. What the hell is wrong with you?" Rory snaps

"Us? What the hell is wrong with you?" Avery asks "He's a grown man, Rory. He jumped on his own, it's not like we threw him into the side of the cliff. You've been nothing but a bitch to Logan for weeks, but now you want to act like the holier than thou girlfriend. Get real."

"Someone needs to act like they care, because clearly none of you are capable of doing so" Rory argued

Avery scoffed "if we didn't care, we would've continued our trip instead of having brought to one of the best hospitals in the country. If we didn't care, we wouldn't have sat here for hours arguing with nurses to get updates. Get off of your high horse"

"I think you guys should leave" Rory said

Avery's jaw clenched and her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head. Colin sighed and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her back from Rory.

"Come on, we aren't doing any good sitting here. We'll call Tristan to get updates" He told her

Avery huffed and stormed away from them, toward the front door of the hospital as Colin and Finn slowly trailed behind.

When the boys caught up with Avery, she was already on the phone.

"No, they won't let us in" she said
"Okay"
"Yeah"
Avery sighed "okay, thank you Mitchum"

She hung up the phone and looked at Colin and Finn. "Mitchum is gonna try and have me added to the list to see Logan, but it'll be a while"

The boys looked at eachother confused "You just- you're on a first name basis with Mr.Huntzberger?" Colin asked her

"Yeah, he actually likes me" Avery nodded "come on, I want to go home and shower"

***
Rory had finally managed to get into Logan's hospital room but she was still furious about what happened with Avery just hours before. Logan could sense the animosity she was carrying and made the mistake of asking her about it. It just led to an argument.

"They didn't do anything wrong. I'm not going stop being friends with them." Logan argued

"I don't have a problem with you being friends with Colin and Finn. The problem is Avery. How are you so comfortable with being friends with someone who hates me?" Rory asked in a huff

"First of all, I've known her longer than you. And second of all, the problem in that situation is you. You're the one that messed up, Rory." Logan said

Rory scoffed "why do you keep choosing her side?"

"As far as I'm concerned, she's family and family comes first. God knows, her biological family isn't doing that for her" Logan snapped

"Thats not fair" Rory said

Logan huffed and at this point he wanted nothing more than to just walk away, unfortunately he couldn't. "I agree, it's not fair for Avery. She's lucky she's got a great boyfriend and good friends"

"If you want me to forgive for all the girls you slept with, then you need to stop hanging out with my sister." Rory finally said

She was tired of everyone siding with Avery. Luke had done it, Jess had done it, and now her boyfriend was doing it. The only person who was ever on her side was her mom and even then, Lorelai still made sure Rory knew that what she did was wrong.

Rory didn't see the fault in her actions, at least not anymore.

***

"Are you going to listen to her?" The next day Avery had come to visit Logan and the blonde immediately filled her in on the argument with Rory.

"I'll find another way to make up with her, that doesn't involve getting rid of you" Logan said

Avery gave him a strained smile. She didn't know why, but something in her thought he was going to say yes.

"Are you sure? Logan, you love Rory. If staying away from me helps fix your relationship then maybe I should just keep my distance for awhile" The girl said

Logan weakly shook his head "nope, I don't want to imagine the kind of trouble I would get in without my guardian angel around to keep me in check"

Avery laughed "you mean like jumping out of a plane?"

"Hey, I'm alive aren't I? Im convinced you're magic, Angel" Logan joked

Avery shook her head and continued laughing "I would give you a hug, but I don't want to risk breaking you anymore"

Logan smiled at her "maybe a hug from you is what I need to be healed"

"Don't make it weird"