Chapter 9 - God Made Girls

"Draco... stop pacing... you're making me nervous" Theo said as he tried to loosen his tie

"Potter, are you sure this will work?" Draco asked

Harry rolled his eyes "of course. Look... Hermione's like a sister to me... do you REALLY think I would pull anything to ruin her first date experience?"

"You wouldn't... but I wouldn't put it past the Weasel" Blaise stated with folded arms

"That's why I didn't mention it to him... plus, after what he did to both Mione AND Lavender... we're not exactly talking right now"

"See? This is why you should have shook my hand in first year, Potter"

Harry sighed "Ron wasn't always like this you know, just... he changed... while we were on the run and after the war... that doesn't excuse anything he's done recently, but up until this year... he's been a pretty good friend. At least, to me... it took him quite a long time before he finally actually accepted Mione. Heck, I think fourth year's Yule Ball was actually the first time he saw Hermione as a girl. Besides... if I would have shook your hand, I would have probably been placed in Slytherin"

All of the boys quivered at the thought

"No offense Potter, but you're not really Slytherin material" Theo stated

"None taken since I actually agree"

Just then they heard a knock at the bedroom's door... Draco went to open it to see a Slytherin Second Year "Can I help you?" Draco asked

"Oh! Mister Malfoy, you're actually here! Oh, right, is, uh... is Theo or Blaise home?" the twelve-year-old boy asked

"Both actually. Do you have a message for them?"

The boy nodded "Lovegood just stopped by and asked me to tell you blokes to meet them at the end of the moving staircase"

"Already?" Draco asked in surprise, before recollecting himself "Right. Thank you for the message" the boy gave a polite nod before running away

"What was that all about?" Blaise asked as Draco shut the door

"The girls are ready... they asked us to meet them at the end of the stairs"

"Already?!" Theo asked, trying NOT to freak out

"Knott, calm down" Harry laid a hand on his shoulder "Everything is going to be fine... we have a plan, Hagrid agreed to help up with transportation, accommodations have been made... it's going to be fine"

"Potter, do you realize how important first dates are for purebloods?" Draco asked "This is basically a test of our reliability to the girls"

"Reliability?"

"Pretty much, purebloods are raised to take dating very seriously, I mean, this could be a potential wife... so we use the first date to show the girl how trustworthy and reliable we could be as potential husbands" Blaise shrugged "It's why just dating around is frowned upon for purebloods"

"We're raised to take our potential mate seriously and to only pursue girls that we would feel worthy enough to give our last name, all though, ultimately, it's the lady's choice whether we are worthy of them or not" Draco adds

"Wait a minute" Harry says "... are you blokes saying that you're considering possibly marrying the girls in the future?"

All three Slytherins blush bright red

"Hey, no judgement here" Harry held up his hands in innocence "I mean, I'm gonna purpose to Gin after the last game, but... wow... I didn't realize you blokes were THAT serious about the girls... especially YOU, Malfoy"