Singing (Sun Wukong x Reader x Macaque)

(A/N): This was requested by Stella-125

M.K. stares at the stage set in the center of the park. "Is there a festival coming up?"

"I didn't see anything online." Mei commented.

"Not a festival, but a talent show." Tang reads the flyer found on the wall. "Anyone can sign up and perform. You get a prize too."

"A prize?" Mei snatches the advertisement for a better glance. "You win big trophy and golden nun-chucks."

"We have to participate and get those chucks." M.K. said ecstatically.

Tang clears his throat grabbing their attention. "You have to have talent in order to win and both of you have none."

"Um, ok Mr. Smarty-pants. We definitely have talent compared to you." Mei defended.

"Ha! That is where you're wrong. I can eat an endless amount of noodles as long as Pigsy provides them, that is." Tang chirped.

As clever as the plan was, Pigsy saw right through it. "Nice try. I ain't giving away free noodles for a bun like you."

"Lame!" M.K. commented. "Nobody wants to watch a mukbang. They want to be wowed and I know just the thing. It's super top secret and I'm gonna need your help Mei." The brunette swipes the girl away without a second thought while Pigsy is left dealing with a pleading Tang.
___________________________________

"So what's the plan?" Mei asked, excitement written in her eyes.

"I-" M.K. pauses, "have no idea."

Mei's expression deflates. To think, he hyped her up for nothing. "Then why did you lie?"

"For suspense." He said. "I may not have a clue what to do, but my point stands on allowing our audience be wowed and suspense is one of them."

Mei raises a brow at his logic. "That actually sounds smart. So let's brainstorm. What will knock their socks off?" For a while, the two spit ball ideas vetoing one or the other. In the end they came up empty. "This is hard."

Mei sprawls on the floor in M.K's room as the boy ponders more, forcing his way through the burn out; when he hears a faint melody. "Mei, do you hear that?" The raven-haired sits up for a better listen.

"Someone is singing?"

"Exactly." He races up to the rooftop searching for the beautiful voice in question. There you sat on a crate singing to your heart's content while absorbed in your artwork. M.K. and Mei exchange a look as if obtaining the same idea.

"We can be a band!" They exclaimed in unison, startling you out of your trance.

"Oh, h-hey, guys. What's up?" You greeted in a small voice for you are incredible timid, but enough to be comfortable around M.K. and the others.

"We heard you singing." Mei answered.

You frown assuming to have disturbed the two. "Oh, sorry."

"No, don't be." M.K. said. "We love how awesome your voice is." You blush at the compliment. "It's alluring which is why we offer you a proposition." You tilt your head quizzically. "There is a talent show coming up this weekend. First prize gets a trophy but most importantly gold nun-chucks. Mei and I were thinking of forming a band, but we need a vocalist." He wraps an arm around you. "That's where you come in. What do you say?

Before you can respond, a gray wolf steps in between and pipes up, "Fat chance!" It's Violet, your best friend. "Might I remind you (Y/n) is extremely shy. You're asking her to be thrown in front of a crowd where thousands of people will be watching." Violet's description made it less appealing. You can barely communicate with your friends, let alone an entire city.

"Yeah, but this can serve as a way for the world to hear (Y/n). At the same time, conquer her fear of stage fright."

M.K. did have a point. For some time, you've struggled speaking for yourself. You always ran away causing you to miss out on a plethora of things. You desperately want to break free from the chains grounding you to unlock your true potential. However, revealing your talent would prove challenging.

'What would Sun Wukong and Macaque do?'  You thought. The two simians you have yet to confess your feelings towards even after years of friendship. Somehow they were out of reach and again, it's due to the fear inside. 'No more!' You said.

"I'll do it." You accepted with resolve in your tone.

Violet yelps, "what? No! That is out of the question."

"M.K. is right. This is my chance to conquer my fear. I know I can do it." You assured. Violet reluctantly caves in so long as you are aware what lies ahead.

"Awe yeah!" The brunette cheered. "We are gonna rock the stage."
___________________________________

For seven days, you rehearsed a song vibing to the lyrics as it entails a story of breaking free from the shackles of doubt to confess a secret love held for ages. You made sure the rhythm would allow people to be involved or make them dance. Mei and M.K. were definitely on board with the idea.

You exhale at the end of the song, relieved to catch your breath when a familiar duo pop up. "Impressive. I didn't know have musical talent." Wukong complimented. Your face becomes flustered greeted by him and Macaque.

"Neither did I." Macaque looks at you softly sending your heart into a flutter. "You sound great."

You squeeze the microphone as you avert your gaze to answer, "th-thanks. I don't usually like to sing in front of people."

"Makes sense. You always were skittish." Wukong chuckled as he rests an arm on your shoulder. The contact was enough for you pass out from a nose bleed. You try your damnest not to freak out.

"Quit teasing her, Wukong." Macaque defended. "Don't listen to him, I'm excited to hear you perform and it's great that you're putting yourself out there."

Macaque and Wukong are going to hear you sing? You'll be making a fool of yourself in front of them. One error could be damaging to your reputation. You start to panic causing the others to worry. "I have to go." You blurted as you run out of the area leaving your friends confused.
___________________________________

You retreated to an aclove in the forest surrounded by trees and flowers. Nothing except nature to keep you company. You buried your face into your knees, discouraged to show up in the evening. Violet finds you in disarray. She never strayed far from you knowing there is something to deter you. She takes a seat beside you and rubs your back. She waits for you to talk rather than drag it out.

"You were right. I can't go out and perform in front of a large audience." You sniffled. "Especially when Macaque and Wukong are going to be there."

"That's what you're scared of? Those doofuses aren't easily offended. Not when it involves their favorite person." She smirked, confident in the bait she laid out for you.

As predicted, you take it raising your doefil eyes at her. "Who is their favorite person?"

"You, dummy." She jabs your arm playfully. "They are into you and all three of you are oblivious. It's painful to watch you three dance around each other." You had no clue you were doing any of those things. "So what do you want to do?"

After a short contemplation you decide, "I want to try."

"That's my girl." She beamed. " We better get going before the show starts."
___________________________________

"There you are!" Mei cried the moment you enter back stage. "Are you ok? You ran out on us."

"I'm so sorry. I got anxious, but I'm here now."

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." M.K. said. The last thing the boy wants to do is pressure you into a competition.

For the first time you grip his arms and look him dead in the eyes. "I'm sure." Filled with determination, you walk on stage as soon as the announcer calls for you.

You closed your eyes as you sang slowly losing yourself to the music. The crowd goes wild with each chorus. The solo riff from Mei and M.K. heightens the people's spirits to the point where they sang along on the final verse. The audience cheer for an encore, but rather than oblige, the judges choose you as the winner. You recieve a golden trophy while Mei and M.K. fight for the nun-chucks in the background. The positive feedback from everyone overwhelms you. You're glad you went along for the ride. You no longer are afraid to show the world your talent.

     Afterward, the gang celebrates on your victory at the ramen shop. Their praises were non-stop to the point you had to get fresh air. As you gazed upon the night sky, you hear bickering from Sun and Macaque. Both of them were alarmed, embarrassed even to have the same idea of wanting to see you. Your chuckle breaks the awkward moment.

"I'm glad you guys came to see me because I have something important to tell you." The brothers look at you curiously. You take a deep breath as you internally prep yourself up. "Ya know, we've been together for a long time. Our friendship is precious and I'm glad I stuck around with you guys, but as of late there has been something I've been meaning to get off my chest."

Sun and Macaque become apprehensive. What could possibly be troubling you? Were they too much?

"I haven't been honest with myself about this topic so I'm going to tell you now." You fiddle with the hem of your shirt as you drop your eyes too bashful to face their reactions. "I really, really love you guys and I mean it in a romantic way. You make me so happy. When I'm around you boys, I feel safe like I can be myself."

"I love you too." They said in unison. Macaque and Sun turn to one another surprised.

"Wait, who are you talking about, (Y/n)?" Macaque asked.

You wear the biggest grin on your face as you cook up a mischievous idea. "Oh, who knows." You waltz up to them in a cunning manner. "It could be one of you. I'll let you two decide who I like." You teased before blowing a kiss and returning to the party, but as you descend you hear them battle over who you chose. You could be kind and tell them, but you prefer to have a little fun before telling them they are both your choice.