18 | Arguments

We got to the medical wing and I tried not to think about the scenario at hand. Why did I have a panic attack? Out of all of us. Out of those who knew Barty better. Why me? I didn't wish it on the others, but I still wished that I understood why I freaked out.

Taking deep breaths, I strode into Barty's cubicle and sat next to Regulus.

"Are you alright? Where were you?" Regulus asked me, whispering.

I sighed and whispered back, "I'll tell you later love. How is he?"

"Pomfrey said that he was okay, that he should be awake by tonight. Evan is distraught, obviously, but is better than he was earlier. The shock has worn off, for all of us." He answered.

"That's... good." I replied.

"Now it's just the waiting game."

We fell into silence and all of us were staring at Barty.

"Mr. Lupin and Mr. Longbottom, please follow me." I heard Madame Pomfrey call.

Frank and I stared at each other whilst getting up, confused.

"I would like to ask both of you what happened with Mr. Black - heir - and Mr. Crouch. Mr. Lupin, you first."

"Uhh, we disclosed this information with Prof McGonagall and Prof Slughorn with you in the room." I replied.

"Well, I would like you to repeat that information. To me personally, and in full detail. Do not leave anything out."

Frank cut in, "You may get that information from McGonagall. We're not too comfortable with repeating this morning."

She angrily pushed on, "No, I would like you to tell me. And now, please. I don't have time for this!"

"We would not like to tell you. Please go to either Professor McGonagall or Professor Slughorn. C'mon Remus." Frank said, leading me away.

We told the others of this weird interaction with Poppy, so if she called anyone else they could say the same. It was her tone. She was demanding us, and refused to go to a higher teacher.

After our chat, Poppy came back to our cubicle.

"Mr. Evan. Please follow me."

We all flipped, shouting different versions of 'no' at her all at once.

"Mr. Evan, please follow me now. I do not have the time for this foolishness."

He looked up, "I am not leaving his side. Either you talk to all of us, or none of us."

She scoffed and walked away. We put our attention back on Barty and Evan grabbed his hand loosely.

And Barty gripped it back.

Evan quietly whispered, "Barty?"

We held our breaths, but he didn't wake up. He just, let go.

"Damn Barty. Held us on our toes..." Lucius breathlessly laughed out.

Evan put his head down and started crying again.

"I have to go. I can't bear to watch this any longer." He cried whilst he promptly stood up and ran out the medical wing.

Regulus got up, "I think maybe we should all leave and come back later. Its no good for us to be sitting around staring at his- his-"

He couldn't get the words out.

He took a deep breath, "His corpse."

Severus angrily shot out of his seat, "It is not his corpse, stupid. Don't say shit like that."