chapter 1.

Jenna's POV:

  When I was young , I became interested in voice acting. It was something I could do since I had nothing else. I grew up in a Christian household in San Antonio , being the youngest of five siblings. My father was a truck driver and my mother was a teacher. They were rarely home , along with my siblings , who were always out. So I raised myself. But I found peace in voice acting at the age of 6 when I began doing impressions of characters like Mickey and Minnie Mouse , Goofy , Donald , Daisy , and more.   

  My mom finally decided to sign me up for voice acting at age 10. Before , she thought I was too young to take voice acting. But she promised me that when I was older , I could take voice acting lessons. She was glad I was passionate about something because she knew there wasn't much I could do , like spend time with my family. She was aware. 

  And eventually , I became a really good voice actor. My impressions were amazing , they were extremely accurate. By the time I was 14 , my mom told me I had to stop taking lessons. I was devastated. I just wanted to be better and better. I never wanted to stop.

  "Honey , I'm sorry , but , you need to stop your voice lessons. I don't think you need to take them anymore , you're great already. And besides , it's getting really expensive. Inflation does a lot."

  "Mom , really? I never want to stop! You know you can afford for me to go still! You've got to be joking!"

   "I'm sorry , hun. Just keep practicing and you'll be fine. You know what? Maybe you can get a job next summer , and you can pay for your own lessons! Isn't that a good idea?" 

  "Fine"

  And after that I slammed my bedroom door and sat in silence. 

  The next summer , I didn't end up getting that job. And I was never able to continue.