8

"Why you're looking awfully tired today." Y/N said as she continues to draw on her sketchbook.

"Yessss......I ammm...." Atsumu said, slurring over his word.

"Hahaha! What were you even doing last night? Cramping in your study? Volleyball practice or something?"

Atsumu did not reply. He knew for a fact Y/N will make fun of him if she finds out he spend the whole night yesterday digging in on her background and informations on articles and tournaments websites about her. Instead he turn to her and gives her a lazy smile, "Ya wanna have lunch with me, Samu, and Suna?"

Y/N frown when he mention Suna, "You know I have bad blood with Suna. You think we're gonna get along fine after what happened?"

"No I know you guys won't get along just fine. Which is why I want to invite you to join us so you can break his other arm again so he won't be able to snap another embarrassing photo of me." He teased.

Y/N playfully throws her eraser at him, "Shut up!"

He laughes and moves his chair closer to her desk, "But really. Do you always spend lunch time alone?"

"Yeah."

"Don't you get lonely doing that?"

"....."

"Well," Atsumu began, "I can stay with you for lunch if you want. I won't being Samu or Suna along."

"You really don't have to." Y/N said, avoiding his eye contact as she continues to sketch.

"I want to. We're friends after all right?"

Y/N paused in her thought for a moment. All this time Atsumu have been seeing her as a friend. It's not something that would happen to her. Growing up, she never really had much friends. Mainly because she prefer to spend her day practicing tennis with her grandpa instead of playing with other children at the park. In school, people find her imitating because of her skill level in academic and tennis which makes it hard for her to be able to talk to others. The friends she have made in elementary school and middle school completely stop talking to her after they went to different school in different district. Not that she would blame them, because she never reach out to them either.

After entering Inarizaki, Y/N gave herself the reputation as a delinquent who always act aggressive and cause trouble. Though she never was that kind of person, it was all an act to piss her mother off for forcing her to be the "ideal" daughter after her grandfather's passing. But because of the filter she puts on around everyone, they eventually stay out of her way and stop interacting with her, for fear that she'll humiliate or hurt them if they were to even greet her.

Yet Atsumu was so different. Everyone would keep their distance from her and some even began to despise her after she injured their beloved middle blocker of Inarizaki High volleyball team. But Atsumu instead took interest in her after hearing the rumors about her and even went out of his way to include her in conversation and walk home with her everyday after school.

"Just why would he want to be friend with a wild thing like me...?" She thought to herself, "I don't understand him anymore."

"Yer probably wondering why I wan to be friends with someone like you right?" Atsumu asked, smiling at her.

Y/N gave him a 'how did you know know' look and Atsumu laughed, "I've told you. Everyone in this school is a goody two shoes which just make it boring. But you're crazy and I kinda like that. You don't give a shit about other's opinion and you do whatever the hell you want which just makes you an interesting person to know."

"Well... What happens if I tell you this isn't who I really am. Would you still want to be friends with me?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know." Atsumu said, "But I'm pretty sure I'll still stay friends with you since you were crazy enough to keep up with this whole act of yours."