His Queen - Thranduil Drabble

Thranduil had been shut up in meetings and hearing petitions for the last several days. You'd seen him at a handful of meals where you ate in silence to allow him some peace and then he'd give you a kiss and head off to his next obligation.

You were surprised one evening when one of the guards informed you that your presence was requested in the throne room. You nodded in acknowledgment and let him lead you, though you were more than familiar with the way.

When you arrived, the guard stayed in the hall and shut the door behind you once you'd entered.

The king seemed lost in thought but lifted his head and gave a smile as he saw you. "Ah, meleth nîn, I have missed you."

He moved toward you as he spoke and you met him halfway. He grasped your hands in his and lifted them to his lips. After pressing a kiss to the knuckles on both hands, he stepped back to look you over.

His smile widened. "You look like a queen."

Your cheeks heated as you shook your head at his foolishness. "I doubt that, my king."

He led you to his throne and sat you in it before bracing his hands on the arms and leaning forward. "Oh, but you do. Would you like to be one?"

"Excuse me?" You asked after giving yourself a moment to process.

The corner of his mouth curled in a pleased smirk. "Marry me, my stars. Be my queen."

Rather than answer, you grabbed his face in your hands and pulled him into a kiss. His arms wrapped around you to lift you from the throne only to sit in it himself and pull you into his lap.

When you pulled apart, he gave you one of his sweet, true smiles he saved only for you. "Should I take that as a yes, my queen?"

"Yes, you should, my king. "