Chapter 10: Midnight sharp pt. II

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV

Silently, Charles Leclerc fell to his knees, defeated by love. Although it was something he wanted very much, the Monegasque young pilot wasn't aware of its violent force. It was almost like all older versions of him had died to be replaced by a Carlos Sainz-loving one, and that for certain was disturbingly beautiful to him. He wiped the tears from his face and finally got to smile, an overpowering joy drenched him一now he was out of his mind, but that didn't bother him. All he wanted to do was love unconditionally the man in front of him, that's what he has been dreaming for the past two weeks and now, unrealistic as it seemed, it was finally coming true.

"I love you too, Carlos."─Leclerc said loud and clear. "I love you too very much."─He didn't notice that he was grabbing Carlos' legs, and he realized it, he started to laugh like a child. Carlos joined in,pulling the youngest's arm and leaning for a kiss that immediately reciprocated. For both of the boys, this was Heaven and no one could convince them otherwise. They intensified the kiss, taking off each other's shirts in the middle of it, laughing at the moment when they almost couldn't get rid of Charles'. They spent the entire night in each other's arms, doing everything they could and should: kissing, caressing, telling jokes, sobbing, confessing, making love.

It was 5:30 a.m. when Carlos alarm rang. They barely slept 3 hours and the bedroom was a mess. They had to get up and start their day─it was race day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Do you guys prefer shorter or longer chapters?]