part 05 -- little sleeping pandas

part 05 —- little sleeping pandas

part 05 - little sleeping pandas

If someone had told Sasuke a few days ago that he would be 'guarding' the half open bathroom door for some depressed girl he didn't really know, he would've probably punched them in the face for assuming that he could ever be that soft of a person. But there he was, standing against the wall of her bedroom while she showered, listening in on her to make sure she wouldn't do anything to hurt herself. It wasn't in a creepy way, in fact, Hana was the one who had asked him to do so.

Her large, teary eyes stared at him timidly, and she seemed as if she had nothing to lose when she asked the question.

His mind had traced back to little Haru, and so he gave in. But at the same time, the terrified look on her face had also softened his heart for a moment, which ultimately played a large role in his final decision.

He walked over to her bed, where her phone and headphones laid. He tapped the screen, bringing it to life as he read the time. He realised she had been in the shower for almost thirty minutes now, and his jaw clenched. Should I check on her? No, leave her be. Let her do whatever girls do in the shower.

His eyes then trailed down to the song that she had been listening to the moment he walked in. Feel Good, Gryffin & Illenium. One of his favourites. He pressed the side button of her phone, turning the screen black again. He stood up straight again and scanned the room curiously. He spotted the swan plushie, remember his mother insisting she buy it for her days before the trip. She had taken it a step further, engraving her name into the wing. Sasuke had thought it was childish, and that there was no way she would use it to sleep. But, there it was, poking out of the blanket of her unmade bed.

Beside it, the corner of what looked like a journal stuck out. He swallowed, curiosity creeping in on him. He reached over and pulled out the book, his eyesight immediately bombarded with butterflies that were plastered all over the cover in scrapbook form.

As he flicked through the pages, he hoped that God wasn't real. He knew what he was doing was wrong, especially to a girl as vulnerable and fragile as Hana. Yet, he couldn't put it down.

Some pages were filled with pictures, and others had endless amounts of writing. Her handwriting changed in each page. Sometimes, she wrote in capitals, then she would write in cursive. It was all confusing, but it seemed that she just wanted to get her thoughts down, not caring what it looked like. He quickly eyed off the photos of her and her friends and then her family. She looked a lot different. She looked so lively, very opposite to what she was like now.

Sasuke's breathing became harder and more rapid when he spotted a page titled, Reasons To Live.

Tiny Polaroids stuck to it in a messy format, and beside each one was a little caption.

"To become a humanitarian", followed by the pictures of her volunteer work overseas, which he had recognised from dinner.

"To finally learn how to crotchet."