chapter 7: can u be the hero

┏━━                                                    ━━━┓

Now Playing: Holding out for a Hero

0:00 |────── 4:22

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

"Dude, turn that up."

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

┗━━━                                                 ━━━┛

The clouds overcast Hawkins, dark and gray. The starry night sky is visible, but barely, hidden behind the clouds. Your eyes search the sky, it should clear up soon.

Will still rests beside you, his arms wrapped around his legs in a protective manner his eyes staring blankly at the car in front of him. He looks like he's deep in thought, like a simple touch would jolt him out of his reverie.

"C'mon we set it up." Mike says, stepping in front of you and Will, his eyes staring neutrally at you on the ground. He frowns slightly, as if he doesn't even feel it just slight disgust.

You stand up, legs cracking as does Will. Pleasure pores from the limbs as you happily twist your hips, cracking them.

You bend down and pick up the skateboard, just in case.

Mike leads your group, Lucas in the middle, the two girls behind him, leaving you and Will as the last ones. "What are we doing?!" You hiss, looking around nervously.

Mike turns around and stops for a moment, "I'll put the lock on the door to trap him in the Sauna, ill loop back around into the room after-" He raises his hands as he speaks, throwing them around as he spews his plan charismatically, not leaving a single detail out. "Lucas- you'll put the chain around the door, Y/N, or whatever—" He stops for a moment, glancing at you. "You help him. Will, you have to turn the heat up."

Lucas finally speaks up, "Hot." He sweats slightly, the nervousness setting in.

"Everything else is already set up." Mike finishes, smiling slightly to himself. "Come on." He gestures for you all to follow, which you do although hesitant.

"Wait-wait."

Mike stops, looking back at Max, "What are we gonna do?!" She asks, wide eyed the disrespect visible in her tone.

"You wont do anything, El has to use her powers to turn on the showers though—" he breathes in again, "And to try and lead him to the Sauna."

El raises an eyebrow, "How do I?" Her doe eyes staring into Mikes.

He smiles, "Jus-just use the doors or something." He stutters, a slight blush forming on his cheeks.

Max crosses her arms, "I wanna do something."

"Yeah she should do something!" You root quietly in support.

Mike sighs, rolling his eyes boredly. "Fine-" He says, "Get the weights out, just in case something happens. Now come on."

Max's eyes light up, finally being allowed into the plan, her new goal rejuvenating her spirits.

"Billy's showering right now, so be quiet, El can you take them to the door beside the Sauna." Lucas questions, his eyes shifting to the quiet girl.