Chapter 17

"Sorry I bothered you." Jin said while they were entering Jungkook's house. "I---I just don't wanna be alone right now."

"It's okay, Jinnie. It's bother that you take a warm bath first. I'll bring you clothes, you can use my bathroom and I'll leave the clothes on my bed." He answered just letting Jin come inside his house and pointing him to his room.

"Th-thank you."

Jungkook took sweatpants, boxers and simple shirt for Jin. He left them all on the bed while he went to the guest room's bathroom to also shower.

When he went out the room, he knocked to his own room to check on Jin.

"Come in."

Jungkook feels like it's deja vu seeing Jin in his own clothes again.

"Thanks for the clothes, I'll return them tomorrow." He was sitting at the edge of the bed waiting for Jungkook to say something.

"Shall we order lunch?" Jungkook said when he gets back to his senses.

"S-sure."

They ordered pizza for lunch and stayed in the living room while waiting for it. It was a total silence even though they were sitting on the long couch, not even too near af each other.

"B-by the way... thank you for the telescope." Jin broke the silence but still fidgeting.

"I was the one who broke it. Uhm, do you wanna watch a movie while we wait?"

"Yeah... probably we can do that."

The movie was playing but none of them was actually focus on it. Jungkook kept on stealing glances at Jin while Jin was just staring blankly at the television.

They were both startled when the bell rang, signalling for the food delivery.

"Let's eat." Jungkook told Jin when he was able to fix the pizza over the table.

While they were eating, Jungkook decided to break the silence.

"Why were you out today? It's very seldom that you go out, and I might sound creepy but I've never seen you go out that much. Especially that it was raining."

"I went to my daughter." Jin said, putting down his pizza on the plate.

"Oh... you have a daughter..." Jungkook answered in a whisper then he also put down his pizza.

"I did."

Jungkook was confused and looked at Jin with as if wanting to ask more.

"She died..." Jin said looking at the pizza.

"Sorry to hear that."

"She was healthy when she was born but in just a month's time, I have seen a lot of bruises on her thigh and arms. She was diagnosed with leukemia at a very young age. There were chances that she would survive but she needed a donor that completely matches her. The expected donor did not come on the day he said he would. I lost my hope and after 6months she died."

"I'm really sorry about that, Jin. It must have been so devastating to bury your own child."

"It is. I wish you have met her... she would like you a lot."

"What do you mean, Jin?"

"She must have survived if she only met you." Jin said and his tears flowed again like flood.

"Jinnie, I don't understand."

"She's your child, Jungkook."

As if Jungkook's world stopped spinning. He has a child with Jin. A dead child and he never knew about her. He was not even able to hold her. She's gone and he cannot do anything about it.

"I thought if we'll meet again on that day, you can be tested as a donor. I am 100% sure that you both will match cause she looks a lot like you! I was hopeful... but you never came." Jin said covering now his face with his hands.

Jungkook did not know what to do or say. It's his fault. They lost their baby because of him. He might have been so young during that time but he was sure of Jin. The only thing he can be sure of was him.

"Jinnie..."

"It's not your fault, Jungkook. We never left each other anything, even number or picture, to get in touch. I tried to look for you around Korea but you were not in this country. I went to the villa we've stayed. I went every night at the bar where we have first seen each other. I didn't know you weren't from here. I can't blame you but Jin-sea must have been saved if only I did not insist on not knowing you."

"No, no, no baby..." Jungkook said suddenly hugging Jin. Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. I should have stayed but I was not strong enough.

They were both crying while hugging each other, with the dinner long forgotten.

Their hears are both mourning for a baby they were never able to keep.

If Jungkook can turn back time, he already did. His parents want him to be serious with one person, he should've done it with Jin. If only he was honest enough to himself and to his parents, he could've saved himself and Jin from the pain of losing their baby. Sadly, it's not something he can do now since Jimin is already pregnant and he needs to stand up like a man.