Until i found you

Hey G, I just discovered something major about the new girl" Mel said into the phone as she scrolled through instagram. "What is it" Gina asked, " I thought she kind of looked familiar but I couldn't place exactly where I've seen her, then with the help of some digging, I found out her and I used to be best friends, before i transferred to East High. But last time i saw her she had brown hair, brown eyes, and her name was Eileen, she always hated her name though. We were inseparable freshman year then she became a cheerleader and cut me out of her life only making time for me when it was convenient and bragging to all her friends how she's best friends with my sister. But when i moved away she cut me off completely" Mel told her best friend.

" What are the odds your childhood best friend shows up and acts like a total bitch" gina replies, slightly giggling, "Crazy world we live in right? You know she was like this before she changed sophomore year, she always had a problem with jealousy. I believe from what I could remember, since all the memories are coming back now. I usually block out the memories when we move states so" Mel rambled to her friend.

"That's kind of a sad Melly, some of the memories could be good" Gina replied, concern evident in her voice. "Yeah, but in this case it was a good thing, because she and I left things horribly, but that's a story for another time, I gotta go, Ricky's going to be over soon, we're exchanging gifts!" The brunette said, then telling Gina a quick goodbye, she hung up the phone.

A few minutes later a knock was heard, she quickly raced down the stairs.

Upon opening the door, Mel found her very bundled up boyfriend carrying a few gifts and his guitar. "Get in here before you freeze" she chuckled and pulled him inside. " Merry Christmas Melly" Ricky said, then leaned in and gave her a kiss. " Merry Christmas to you as well as Ricky" she smiled and motioned for them to sit on the couch.

" Looks like we both had the same idea for gifts" he said, motioning to the guitar in the room " that's Vanessas, she helped me with the gift though" she chuckled. " Could you go first? My fingers have to warm up before I can play my guitar" Ricky chuckled, trying to warm his hands. Melanie nodded her head " Of course, now first I have this for you" she grabbed a small, neatly wrapped gift out from under the tree and handed it to her boyfriend.

Ricky gently opened the gift and smiled widely when he saw it was a photo of the two of them at homecoming, "Aw mel, I love it, thank you". "And next I do have a little song for you that I wrote, I had to record it since Vanessa's the one playing guitar and she couldn't be here to play it tonight" Mel said, as she pulled up the video on her phone, and pressed play.

" Hey ricky, I hope you like this song, I've never written one before so I hope it's good" video Mel giggled and signaled Vanessa to start playing.
( Song Lover by Taylor Swift)

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?

And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my

Lover

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand

I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you

Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover

And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me

And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?

And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Oh, you're my, my, my, my
Darling, you're my, my, my, my

Lover

Soon the video ended and Ricky looked up at Mel, with the biggest smile on his face, "That was absolutely amazing Mel, I loved it so much" Ricky said, as he pulled her in for a kiss, "You're amazing, i hope you know that and I love you so much" he gushed as he placed kisses all around her face. She giggled and said "I'm glad you liked it Ricky, and I love you too" she responded.

"Now it's my turn, I also have a song for you" Ricky said as he pulled out his guitar, "I've been writing it for a while and just recently finished it" he said, then began strumming his guitar and sang.....
( Until I found You by Stephan Sanchez)

Melanie
Wrap me up in all your—
, I want ya
In my arms, oh, let me hold ya
I'll never let you go again, like I did
Oh, I used to say

I would never fall in love again until I found her"

I said, "I would never fall, unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her

I found you

Melanie
Pulled me in, I asked to love her
Once again, you fell, I caught ya
I'll never let you go again, like I did
Oh, I used to say

"I would never fall in love again until I found her"
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her

I found you

Ricky finished the song and slowly looked up at his girlfriend, who had tears streaming down her face. "Ricky, i love it so much and I love you so much" she said and practically tackled her boyfriend in hugs and kisses. "I mean every word of it Mel " he said, pulling her in for another kiss.

The rest of the night was full of lots of cuddles, movies and stolen kisses, it was safe to say this was the best Christmas the both of them have ever had.

A/N : Holy shit it's been almost a year since i updated this book?? damn sorry for slacking everyone. If you see this and have been reading it from when i first started this book, thank you for your dedication and patience! and too all the new readers welcome and thank
you for reading my fic :)) i appreciate every single one of you guys! I just finished season 4 so my plan, though no promises, is to try and finish till then but i'm horrible at updating but i'm gonna try. I have another chapter already written so double update 🥳 again thank you so much!! hope you enjoyed :)
Also wanna state no hate to cheerleaders, and the reason why Kelsey switched her name is bc she thought Kelsey sounded more popular. that being said no hate to the name eileen again this is just for the plot. Ok if you made it this far thank you here's a cookie 🍪