Chapter 1: The End

**Fiction Disclaimer:**
The following content is a work of fiction. Names, characters, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. The author's creative liberties have been taken to craft an engaging narrative that does not reflect reality. Reader discretion is advised.

Chapter 1: The End

Tears on the brink in his eyes, hair tousled as if by a storm, his face marked by sleepless nights. Yet, his disheveled appearance hid the truth-his sobriety. He stood before me, his eyes pleading, questions swirling amidst the chaos. I leaned against the wall, my bhindhi fell down as I rubbed my face, my hair a veil, shielding my face from the world.My shoes were halfway on, with half of my foot inside and half out.My heart ached as he poured out his pain, tears slipping through his fingers, his voice trembled with each word. His gaze fixated on my eyes, as if searching for answers the entire crowd bore witness to. The crowd faded into insignificance; only my eyes mattered. I held back tears, determined not to show vulnerability, even as his heart shattered before me.
Two years earlier, he'd lost a dear friend, a wound that still bled. Then I appeared, filling that void, offering him comfort and solace.
Together, we found a refuge, a connection that words couldn't define. Was it love? Neither of us knew for sure. I recognized the barriers his heart faced; a confession would only lead to confusion and turmoil in my family. . But as I ponder about this a few times, I realize that I have no reason with me. Yet, I am certain we can't continue this any longer.So, we embraced the moments, building memories for a bittersweet farewell.
But that farewell arrived abruptly, leaving me with unanswered questions.This abrupt farewell is primarily due to me.I wished him well, my words laced with kindness, but unaware that his happiness lay entwined with me. Our bond unraveled without resolution, leaving both of us adrift.
As he walked away, I watched, my heart heavy. I wanted to stop him but the words caught in my throat, silenced by the weight of circumstances. "Move on, you deserve happiness," I uttered, my voice lost in the distance between us.
He left, and I was left with a heart burdened by the weight of our parting. Tears welled in my eyes, unshed, as I turned away from my friends and found solace in solitude. The ride back home on the bus was agonizing. The seat beside me sat vacant, a stark reminder of his absence. There was no one to lend a shoulder to lean on, no one to confide in. His words reverberated in my thoughts, intertwining with the ache in my heart.
I went home, I sought refuge beneath the shower's stream, the water masking my cries. Alone in my agony, I let the water carry away my heartbreak. I wasn't able to do any of my work. I didn't talk well to my mom. I wanted to distract myself, I didn't know what to do, I started with a series 'Dr. Romantic'.
Meanwhile, he sought solace in a different place, meeting a friend at "The Vault Elixir Exchange". The weight of his pain remained unspoken, but I knew it was a day as painful as the loss he endured two years before. Losing a cherished connection was akin to losing a part of himself.
An open mic event provided an outlet, a chance for him to express his grief through song. Despite his instability, he took the stage, attempting to sing words that felt distant. Silence hung heavy as he stumbled, the lyrics slipping away. His friend supported him with another drink, and he began to sing a song he had penned years ago. However, that was the day when those lyrics struck him deeply. "Mudhalil sirithen magizhden ippo unnai vittu pirinden
Unnai patri ninaikkum neram poi solla thudikkum kadigaram
En nenjil periya baaram uranga villai pala vaaram
Yen yen keten kaneer kavidhaigal varaindhen
.
.
.
.
Munnadi Un prachanaiyin aarudhaleyy naandhaanadi
Ippo yen thunbathin veraee nee dhaanadi" his voice trembled, the pain of losing his favorite person palpable.
Applause resonated, but it held no solace for the grief-stricken heart. His mind clouded, happiness an elusive concept. Hours passed, his friend guiding him to the car. Late at night, around 9 pm, they navigated the quiet streets of Chennai. The city's lights illuminated the darkness, but his pain cast a shadow over it all. "Life goes on," a song plays as his friend switches to 'Channa Mereya' at his request."Channa Mereya" played softly in the car, the soulful melody and the hard-hitting lyrics fitting the backdrop to his anguish.
Gazing out of the car window, half-opened eyes gazed at the city lights. The vibrant city contrasted sharply with his internal darkness. Emotions swirled, a tempest of sorrow that threatened to engulf him entirely.
As the car moved, his silent tears merged with the song's lyrics, a symphony of pain that filled the night. Emotions remained unspoken, the ache of connections and the depth of loss profound. The song plays in the backdrop as the car moves around the night city.

"Mehefil mein teri, hum na rahein jo .... "

How did it all begin?