【Forgiving】

CW: DRUGS + ALCOHOL

We get to the small apartment building and knock on the third floor door that leads to Scaramouches messy apartment. We knocked once. Twice.

No answer. Again.

We hear a mumbling voice come from inside and take that as Scaras depressed way of telling us to come in.

We open the door to an absurdly messy apartment, covered with wrinkled chip bags and crushed soda cans. There were some joints laying on the small ottoman next to the couch that the purple-haired teen was laying curled under a blanket looking at the ceiling depressingly.

I turn and look at the other boys behind me looking at him in shock.

"Um, Scaramouche..? Are you okay? You don't look so good..." I ask concerningly.

Me and Heizou walk up to him and sit on the end of the couch while Kazuha stands near the doorway, watching, still angry.

Scara replies groggily, "Yup, im fine. I swear."

He was very obviously not fine... "Scara... there are 3 joints sitting burnt right next to you... and it reeks of alcohol in here. You can't drink and smoke and still call yourself fine. Tell me, what's wrong..?"

He pulls the blanket off of him and sits up. His eyes are sunken in and he's covered in bruises. I look at Heizou, a little frustrated that he physically hurt him like that. The sad 17 year old looks me in the eyes painfully, and started to speak, but stopped.

He speaks again. "I- am really sorry. I messed up. You all know that's just what I do at parties, but I still shouldn't have tricked him, let alone tell him to ki- you know what I mean." He sighs and looks at the ground. "And I also have to apologize for what I tried doing when we were fighting, it was wrong and I'm usually not the type of person that forces that kind of thing. I shouldn't have touched you or grabbed you or anything like that. Can you forgive me? Just for that, you shouldn't forgive me for what I did to your brother, and to be honest, I completely understand if you don't want to forgive me at all."

He is silent. I look at the other boys in the room. "Well, that's what we were here to do." He looks up dazed. "We forgive you. For everything you did. Yes we understand that you were in the wrong, but Aether has probably moved on well, based on how long he was gone last night and into the morning, and I'm fine, I've already gotten it out of my system."

I lean into him for a hug. I lied, it wasn't out of my system, I forgive him, but that doesn't immediately make me want to let him touch me like that immediately. I don't say anything while we hug, and I can tell he wants a kiss of affirmation, but I can also see he understands why I wouldn't want that right now.

He notices something. "Wait, so where is Aether again?"

Me and the other two chuckle quietly. "He got a date last night to get him out of the house. It turns out it was his ex that he still had feelings for, and I'm guessing it turned out well." I smile. I'm kind of glad Scaramouche was a little worried about Aether after everything.

I stand up from the couch and rub Scara's shoulder. "Cmon, we've gotta get you fixed up, you're probably drunk and high, and obviously you're in pain," I motion to his bruises. "Cmon, get up." I pull Scara off the couch and bring him to the kitchen to give him water.

"Hey uhm, can I like, clean your apartment up or something. It's kinda disgusting in here." I look around the dirty and stinky room, and look back to Scara as he nods in agreement.