Chapter Four

HOW ARE WE AT 795 ALREADY??? OH I DIDN'T GET THE 69 AND 420 SCREENSHOTS NOOO

*****

I'm scared out of my nightmare. Stars dot my eyes, making me all the more terrified. I can tell that I've been moved. From the corner on the floor to one of the Theatre's seats. I feel someone beside me, and I turn. I thought it was Norman, but it's someone new.

I notice the blonde hair and purple fabric. I stay quiet. Is he sleeping?

Ricky and Norman are away right now. I don't know who this is and why he's here, but maybe I can be quiet while I leave. Would he hurt me, though? If I wake him up?

I shouldn't. I can just find Norman and hide until then. Or maybe Ricky.

As I get up, I feel my hand on fabric. I freeze, but he doesn't do anything. He's still asleep. I walk away from the seat I was in and go up the slope. I hear a loud crrreeeeeaaaaakkkk below me. And I can feel the puppet's eyes open. Again, I am still. I hear him get up and look around before he locks on me.

The air is still. It feels like I'm breathing in water, ready to drown, from the silence. I soon hear him walk up the slope, and see the puppet walk into the room I'm now in. My legs won't let me run. My closed up throat won't let me speak.

"Hello," the puppet says. He doesn't act tired, but he's still not as upbeat as Norman and Ricky were.

I don't move. Somewhere, a radio is blaring music, piercing the silence that might've drowned me. The new puppet is nodding to the music, the drums, hair(?) bobbing as he does so.

"What's your name?" he asks. I don't remember if I've ever told him, or if he just sounds like he's forgotten. I can't decipher it.

"(Y/N)," I reply.

"That's a nice name, (Y/N)," he says. "Call me Leonard."

Leonard.

He takes a step towards me. I don't turn around and run. I just watch him awkwardly close the little distance between us and hug me.

Hug me?

I still stay frozen, as if the room is a freezer rather than terribly air conditioned. Leonard doesn't move either. Like I've spread the cold to him. We're both quiet. Leonard lets me out of the hug. I'm still until I wrap my arms around his waist. I really am short.

Leonard picks me up. He doesn't struggle somehow.

"Ricky went out after you fell asleep," Leonard says. "He told me to look for them at the Neighborhood. Hopefully, they will introduce you to George, Junebug, and Lillian before one of them accidentally scares you."

They scare people? Leonard and Norman were really nice. Yeah, they looked a bit scary at first, but I was panicking. I didn't know whether or not they'd be, you know, friendly.

He puts me down and I follow him out of the Theatre. We hold hands, just so I don't get lost without him. I forgot where to go from the Theatre to get outside. Leonard doesn't mind guiding us both out. 

I keep track of which turns leads us out. I recognize most of the route and the rooms, but it all felt like a dream the first two times.

Unreal. Strange. Unexplainable.

Insane?

But no. I do really have puppet friends. I did really sneak into the friendliest monster's den ever made.

It really wasn't a dream.

Real. And still so strange.

We make it out with no trouble. Leonard turns his head a bit to the right, to a smaller building with a bunch of decorations under cover from whatever weather the city suffers through. I can barely see the stars in the sky from how many lights in the city are on. It's still nice. At least there isn't any rain.

Leonard opens the door into the building, and we go down the hall and a right and a left.

Welcome to THE FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD!

The exclamation mark looks painted on with orange, while the sign is green with printed orange words. The set looks nice, and somehow doesn't need to be fixed. It's also surprisingly bright.

I don't see any lights anywhere, though.

"Looks like we have some time before they come in," Leonard says. He's relieved, at least. I don't know if I'd be able to meet another puppet without freaking out or blowing up with questions. "There they are! Come on, (Y/N), Norman will be happy to see you."

*****

Word Count: 823

I can't stop imagining Norman and Wally fighting and Norman getting beaten the shit out of-
"Get over here you little sh*t! You coward! Do you want a fighting chance, you f*ck?!"
-in a somehow calm and emotionless voice, Wally

"OH GOD NO-"
-Screaming and crying, Norman