Chapter Four

June 17th, 2022

"It's not true
Tell me I've been lied to"
I love you
By: Billie Eilish

        "Calm down sweetie. I promise nothing has changed." My mom had quoted to me earlier in the day but she was wrong. Everything has changed.
        "What the fuck.." I whisper under my breath as I stare at Quinn sitting on the dock with a girl wrapped around his waste. She was blonde and was gorgeous compared to me.
       "Carter?!" I hear someone yell from the dock and jacks quickly coming up the ladder and out of the lake. He's running towards me and I'm engulfed in a salt water and mud hug.
       "Hey.." I say to him smiling even though I just feel like running inside and never leaving my room. I was so happy to see everyone even though Quinn has a new girlfriend.
      "Why didn't you tell us you were coming??" Jack said as Luke was the next person to make it to me shoving jack and grabbing me spinning me around.
       "It was supposed to be a surprise." I say as I'm laughing at like spinning me. "Damn Luke I've haven't seen you this happy in forever." Says the voice I didn't want to hear.
       "Not cool Quinn." Jack says as Luke was quick to let me down frowning. "Come on you have to meet everyone. They just went on a boat ride but they are gonna be right back." Jack says grabbing my arm as Quinn and his new girlfriend walk inside the house hand in hand.
       We head straight for the lake which In glad I decided before coming to put on a swimsuit. I sat on the dock with my feet in the water while Luke and Jack jumped into the lake.
      After awhile the boat finally arrives. Trevor's the first to spot me jumping over board so he can get to me first. "Shopping Cart!!" Trevor says using the stupid nickname he uses everytime I see him for the first time again.
      "Hi Trev." I say as he hugs me and everyone else comes over hugging me too. The only new person I didn't know was Jamie.
       "Hi I'm Carter." I say to him as he smiles back at me. "I'm Jamie. I've heard so much about you." Trevor quick to join the conversation grabbing Jamie's hand.
      "Finally." I say to them and Jamie looks confused as hell while Trevor starts to laugh. "What? What am I missing?!" Jamie asked looking around as everyone else listens in.
      "Trevor talked so much about you last year." I say to him as I hear a loud gasp from in the water. "She knew before me?!" Jack yells being overdramatic.
      "Technically I didn't choose to tell her. I was drunk as fuck and it just came out." Trevor says and I just laugh remembering it.
      "Hey kids! We're leaving after lunch so come on in and get ready because lunch is done!" Yells Ellen from the house."
      "Yes ma'am!" Jack yells as everyone gets out of the water and we all dry off before heading in. The big dining table is already set for everyone to grab there food and sit down.
      We all eat quietly while Jim talks about the schedule he made for the boys that would help guide them through the summer which obviously they didn't have to follow. Like Matthew couldn't follow it because he's still recovering from his broken Sternum.
      Quinn's Girlfriend sits across from me. Her blue eyes starring into my soul the whole time. Luke and Alex sat beside me.
      "So Carter right? How was your year?" Asked Quinn's Girlfriend once everyone quieted down. The question made the room even quieter because we knew what the question implied.
       "Huh?" I ask not really knowing how to answer. "Come in Carter she's just asking how your year was." Quinn says after his girlfriend elbowed him to speak up but I could tell he was a little surprised by the question too.
      "It was fine." I say to her keeping it a simple answer because what was I supposed to say to that question. Did she not know I was locked in a basement all year or did she know and was just trying to get me to react?
      Jack was the first person to change the subject talking about his friends at his college. Dinner went quick after that and we all went our separate ways.
      "It's movie night." Jack says as we all head down to the basement. Every first night of everyone being there we'd watch the movie miracle but I would've thought they had already watched it without me.
      "I thought you guys already watched it." I said to luke but he just shakes his head. "We weren't gonna watch it without you." He says which makes me smile.
      We make popcorn and watch the movie throughout though every one slowly begins to leave all heading to bed until it's just Luke, Jack, and I.
      "So what did I miss?" I asked them but they both just shrugged. I could tell they didn't want to say anything that would make me feel bad.
      "Come on guys. I was gone for months just tell me." I say to them and jacks the first to give in going on a rant about what happened to everyone this year. Luke stays quiet though and it worries me especially after that comment Quinn had made earlier.
      After awhile Luke excuses himself and leaves for bed. "Goodnight guys. Love y'all." Luke says as he makes his way up the stairs.
     "Love you too." Both jack and I say. We sit in silence for a second before jack goes back to talking. "I broke up with my ex." He says and I look at him like he's crazy.
      "Really?" I ask him not believing it. "Yeah she got really weird after you were gone and I couldn't handle it anymore."
     "I'm sorry." I say to him as he moves closer leaning onto me. "I was upset for a bit but your here now so everything is fine now."
     "I missed you Jack." I say smiling at him and he turns to me smiling back. "I missed you too."

Authors Note
I hope you guys enjoyed!!
Also Jamie is in the last two years but not the first one because that's when Trevor is still coming to terms with his sexuality
Love you guys!!