{5} 𝘗𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘐𝘵, 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬

CHAPTER FIVE
—————

"ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇᴅ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ"
- ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ sᴛᴏɴᴇs

❦❦❦

It was Sunday night ...meaning the last night before I had to get serious and start my college courses, and two days since the infamous frat party. I had reached out to Chris a couple times to see what happened after we had left— those conversations always were something along the lines of...

"So what happened at that party?!"

"Oh what didn't happen at that party..."

Very Helpful.

Dalton had been pretty stressed, he doesn't think any of his drawings are good enough to show his new professor. I disagree...He's drawn his entire family and they look flawless. He knows how to depict someone's expression without having to even explain it. Any of his artwork would be amazingly perfect but he won't ever admit to that.

I was feeling okay about the upcoming year, I haven't met my professor yet so I could be horribly wrong. Much like Dalton having to prepare one of his drawings, I had to prepare something to play.

I've loved the piano since I was younger, the art had always come naturally to me. There was an old piano in one of the buildings across the way, the building had been out of use for some time but the owner granted me permission to practice there.

My feelings of no worry and calmness all came to a shattering downfall the night before the first day.

I sat up in my bed, eyes wide looking all around the small dorm room. I see the AC blowing against the pieces of artwork Dalton has pinned to the wall.

I see that shirtless boy with this light brown shaggy curls dead asleep in his bed, At least he's finally calm.

I see his phone light up with a notification from his brother.

His brother and him seem to have a pretty good relationship, I notice him texting him a lot; asking for advice and whatnot.

I notice myself tapping my fingers along the side of my bed.

Great.

I'm so nervous, I'm subconsciously playing piano on my bed. I just need to practice; that would probably help. I just need to feel more prepared.

I grab the sweatshirt that Dalton had previously thrown on the floor, my phone, and my keys and headed out the door. I know this probably isn't the smartest idea...a young girl walking around all alone at 1am. But I can't sleep so I might as well take advantage of the time.

It's a short walk, I unlock the door and make my way in. I sit my things on the bench beside me and take in a deep breath then put my hands on the keys and just start playing.

I close my eyes and let my emotions take over, Whenever I play I just can't think too much about it my hands just take over and it plays whatever I'm feeling. After a while I catch myself humming along, I wonder if I could use this melody for a song.

So I restart.

Playing the notes over and over again trying to think of some sort of lyrics that could go along with this. Singing little vocal runs every now and then, the lyrics will come with time and not in the middle of the night.