X. October

~October~

            Dear Mina,

            I miss you. I was thinking about all these deep and heart wrenching ways to combine 26 letters into words and sentences that would adequately put into your mind how much I miss you…

            Need you.

            Are you laughing?

            I, Jace Simmon, has resulted to writing you a letter about my feelings.

            Pigs must be flying…I remember you saying something like that.

            I know I am crap at expressing my thoughts and emotions, but this is worth a shot I guess.

            I heard college started for you last month or so… I was debating whether or not to write to you but I finally made up my mind today.

            I’m on my fifth cup of coffee by the way as I write this to you.

            Maybe you’ll even see a coffee stain…

            I should probably stop rambling and start getting to what really matters.

            Honestly though, I can’t think of a time that we spent together that didn’t matter. Every little second, minute and moment we spent together is something I hold in my hands and treasure.

            All those times that you nervously slipped a strand of hair behind your ear, or the way you cried when Mulan had to let go of Shang in the bridge (I know that’s your favorite movie because we watch it ten times). But no matter how much we watched it and eventually memorized every line and song, I never got tired of watching it with you because every small smile, tear, frown and crease your face made every moment worth it.

            Every moment mattered. And I didn’t realize it until now, but I guess it’s true, you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

            But I knew what I had the moment you stepped into my life. I had lived my whole life with nothing, and then you walk into my life in the sweet tang of lemon and it was different…new.

            I miss you.

            I miss the way you glare at me, the way your hand feels in mine, the way your eyes look under the stars.

            I know what you are thinking, I sound like I am in love.

            Well Mina Chastity, I am in love with you.

            I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow.

            Tell yourself that sentence in the beginning of every morning.

                                                                        Love Always,

                                                                                                Jace