7: All Of This Is Temporary

"Don't call me by my name
All of this is temporary
Watch as I slip away for your sake
All of this is temporary

Well, maybe I could hold you in the dark
You won't even notice me depart
Secondhand thread in a secondhand bed
With a second man's head
Leavin' through the door without a word
You won't even notice, little bird
Better off dead, so I reckon I'm headed to Hell instead

So don't wait for me, don't wait for me
It's not a happy ending
Don't wait for me, don't wait for me
It's not a happy ending..."

"Bells in Santa Fe", Halsey

*****

"Valentina...that's not normal." Steve sighed, running his hand through his perfectly fluffed brown hair. Robin let out a sigh from the ground between him and Valentina where she laid on her back, sprawled out like a starfish.

"I know. I'm not saying it's normal. It's just...it's a lot." Valentina said, her eyes burning holes into the ceiling above her bed.

Steve paced around the room, massaging the bridge of his nose and while keeping his other hand on his hip. "And this was all over that guy?"

"The bartender?" Robin asked.

Valentina started shaking her head in disagreement. "No, it was over the other guy."

"The one that brought you home?" Robin asked, tilting her head up and a little to the side towards Valentina on the bed.

"The one that you...kissed." Steve looked at Valentina suspiciously. She could swear she heard a snort of laughter coming from the tree by the bedroom window.

It had been one night since Theo punched Kas in the face and to work through it all in her head, Valentina called the only friends she had. She didn't tell them about the forest based dry humping and instead labeled what happened as, a kiss. She knew it was a poor representation of what actually happened, but it got the idea across.

"I just feel so awful about it." Valentina groaned and buried her face into her palms.

"Why?" Steve raised an eyebrow

"Why?" Steve raised an eyebrow. "Theo's probably been cheating on you since you got here."

"Because he's my fiancé Steve!" Valentina shot up and glared at him from the bed. "That means something to me!"

"Clearly he doesn't feel the same way." Steve scoffed. He'd met Theo once, earlier that day when he arrived with Robin. From their three minute encounter he could tell that Theo was a real shithead.