making the bed

—BAD IDEA RIGHT?—
hsmtmts: season one
prologue
—BAD IDEA RIGHT?—

  —BAD IDEA RIGHT?— hsmtmts: season one prologue—BAD IDEA RIGHT?—

**✿❀○❀✿**

EVERYTHING SEEMED NORMAL, the day was rolling by at its usual average pace, the wind moving gently through the trees as the birds released the song Cameron Day knew extraordinarily well. The snow from the night prior still stuck heavily to the ground, children of all ages along Cameron's street were out throwing snowballs or building snowmen with their friends and family. The teen herself had just come back inside from a snowball fight between her, EJ Caswell and Steven Andrews, the boys she had the honour of calling her best friends.

The three being friends from birth, seeing as their mothers were best friends after being college roommates at Duke which just so happened to be the place where they met the teenagers fathers. Despite each adults individual dream and career pathways with Marie becoming a therapist that specialised in teen psychology, Rhiannon becoming a well renowned corporate lawyer and Emma becoming a middle school teacher, the three were still as close as they were in college. Then with them all giving birth around the same time, Rhiannon a year before Marie and Emma, the three decided between themselves that their children were destined to become friends and they did. Cameron, EJ and Steven were carbon copies of their parents, their friendship radiating the trio of women, to their mothers it was almost as if looking in the mirror.

The girl was sat, snuggled up to her mother with a steaming cup of hot chocolate as they proceeded to watch '10 Things I Hate About You'. The movie was her mothers pick, she had always been one for romantic-comedies and was slowly guiding her daughter along the film genre pathway. As the girls sat in silence, the only sound occupying the room being the film itself as the sipping of their drinks, the front door opened to reveal a shaking Joe Day, Cameron's father. "It's absolutely freezing out there, you'd think with March approaching it's be warming up." the man huffed as he locked the door behind him, placing the two loaded shopping bags down beside him.

"Joe hush, we're getting to my favourite part." Emma told her husband with her index finger planted softly on her lips, making Cameron giggle to herself quietly as she watched the scene before her unfold. "Well that's no way to greet your loving, intelligent and let's handsome husband." he joked as he picked up the shopping bags before entering the kitchen, smirking to himself as his wife sent him a half-hearted glare. "You're a pain, I hope you know that." she teased before turning her attention back onto the filming, ignoring the feigned offence Cameron's dad was showcasing on his face.

"But most importantly, I hate the way I don't hate you." Cameron felt herself lean more into her mothers side as Kat confessed her feelings, she couldn't help but smile at the screen, she knew it was slightly cheesy but she didn't really care. After all she was with parents, they didn't care how she acted as long as she was herself. She wanted love like they had, she wanted love that was pure and real just like them. It was clear to everyone that Joe and Emma were head over heels for each other, even in their late thirties they still acted like they did when they were nineteen. The two were soulmates, Cameron had know doubt about that because they just understood each other without the use or even need for words, they were just perfect. A love like her parents was Cameron Day's only wish.