Loving Alrick

CHAPTER ONE: LOVE IS BORN

As each part of the engine collides causing the sparks to fly, Daemon started the car as quickly as he could. For just moments ago he felt a part of himself awaken he never knew existed before, the day has finally came where he could 'feel' his soul mates life force. (As with each human in this world, since long ago when war was waged and humans were just beginning to understand the role they play in humanities future, there was a massive explosion from the stars causing the world to change dramatically. Where once there was hatred, suffering and racism, now everyone sees just how bigoted they truly were. When they thought the end of the world was coming in those three dark days, were they shocked to have realized the full potential of their brains and capabilities were made clear. They could now 'feel' who was best designed to complete them and be with them till the cycle of life repeated. They also found the limits of space to be no more, now humanity was spread all across space and to make it easier to find your soulmate, somehow they always were born on the same planet and city as you were.) So as Daemon speed across the city of Nexford on planet Villaxe, he couldn't have been happier in all 17 years of his life. Calling his mother and father, and his best friend Ashlan, he rushed to the only birthing hospital in the city. (Each city has a hospital dedicated only to the birth of the next generation of life, so that everyone wouldn't be racing around the city in panic trying to find their other half.) He came to a stop in front of the Nexford Birth Memorial Hospital and parked his car before running straight in to the receptionist. "Yes welcome to the Nexford Birth Memorial Hospital, how may we help you today" the lady receptionist inquired, Daemon calmed his breathing before telling her that he 'felt' his other half awaken and where he should go. "Just follow the blue arrows to the infirmary and tell Doctor Reeds the good news and congratulations on being complete". After thanking her, he rushed straight to the infirmary's location till he came upon the glass room looking around for the Doctor. "You've finally awakens I see, congratulations daemon on finding your soulmate" Doctor Reeds spoke as she came around the corner carrying a clipboard, no doubt writing down names of parents and which child responded to eachother, ( its very common for children to be born at the same time as their mate is) " Thank you sis, now please tell me where my other half is, I want to see them so that I can let them know I am here" I begged to my sister so that she may hurry up and tell me whether my other half is male or female. (Gender doesn't matter in the future so no one cares if they end up gay or straight because the pull to your soulmate is too strong to ignore. And in this hospital his best friends sister is like his family too so he calls her by sis). "Calm down Dae, He's not going anywhere just yet and his parents have to decide whether or not your in his life so soon, you know that" she chided him. (Its customary for the parents to decide whether or not they want their child's mate, if the mate is older than the child by 15 years, to be a constant factor before the legal age of commitment. And the age being ofcourse 17). "Very well then may I please be escorted to my future in-laws" I whispered knowing full well she was right. With a sad knowing expression she guided me down two floors and to the room of my future in-laws before knocking gently and entering before me, most likely to explain to the parents what's about to transpire. "Dae, they will talk to you now sweetie", was all sis said before she left us in private. I walked into the room after knocking and receiving the come in, and in front of me were a ton of congratulations balloons for the happy couple. The couple in say were sitting together on a hospital bed looking at me with huge grins on their faces, that's when I noticed who they were. "Monica? Jackob?" Was all I could say as I looked at my future in-laws/ coworkers. "Hey Daemon how are you today? Been well with the family?" Spoke Jakob while monica was just as shocked as me. (Your probably wondering how Doctors Reeds was able to just take Daemon to the right room and that's because when your born they take a DNA sample and place it into the database where it aligns with the strands of your soulmates, its how they know whether the children are mates with each other at young ages). "So you knew I was your child's mate before I did? Like knew before I got here knew" I couldn't hide my shock that these two who I work for, were in fact my mates parents. "Yes Dae, we did and we were talking about how we think about the situation. We work together and live two blocks over and you are like family to us, so to know that you are our sons mate is fine because we trust you, however we don't want to ruin your bond with him before he grows older so you aren't afraid to give him all the love in the world. The right kind of love he'll need. We love you Dae we do, but we think that maybe you should wait to see him till he's older hun" Monica was in tears when she told me this and I knew they were doing only what they thought best so I put on my best smile and told them that I couldn't have asked for better in-laws even if the are old. With the teasing the tension was broke and as we hugged goodbye for the day I whispered to them "Thank you really, I know I should be mad but I know you truly mean the the best and I myself would do the same thing too if I was in your position. So thank you both and I will see you when your old butts get back to work." "Old my butt bratt, we are twenty-four and look like models so hahaha, and thank you for being understanding, most wouldn't be. Its hard to live without your mate" Jakob smiled but it was a sad smile. "Its okay really cause I have you guys around me and you have him so by default I have him as well" I rationalized. Which only made monica giggle at my antics "Dae, you are a blessing you know that, and we are thankful our son will be yours" she whispered to me because our close hugging proximity. I pulled away from our three way hug and went to the door and said while looking back "Just remember as the sky grows to wane and the moon waxes its face, upon each day my heart shall remain, truly his. As the moments tick slow the hands of time will fly for love is infinite in all matters bright. So sleep gently for my will is your shield and your son is the passion that strength will ignite. I love you both and tell him I said to grow up slow so that he may fully live life". With that Daemon walked out the door and into the night to wait until the time was right to love with all his might.