2 : The School (Part One)

Newton felt something around him when he woke up. He looked around, internally freaking out a little when he realized he wasn't in Bunkum before remembering what happened the day before. He calmed down again, realizing he was in the warm hold of (Y/N)'s arms. He must've fallen asleep on the way back after eating what was practically his body mass in whipped cream.

He jolted when he heard a loud beeping noise, and (Y/N) sluggishly woke up and got out of bed, looking at him.

"It's fine, it's just my alarm clock." She noticed his worry as he looked around, trying to find the source of the loud and annoying beeping. She shut it off, holding him with one hand like one would hold a book. She put him on her TV stand, sighing.

"I guess you can just stay there while I get ready for school." She said, rummaging through her clothes basket for anything she could wear. It was a Friday, and that probably was enough to get her through the tiring morning.

"School?" Newton repeated. It was less of a question this time, as he knew full well what school was- He just didn't like the sound of going to school. Especially since he was a Popit Academy dropout, school never was a good feeling for him.

"Yeah. Do you need me to explain what that is?" She asked, not mocking him but simply asking.

"No, I know what school is, chum, I simply don't like it very much." That was an understatement, he hated school.

"Nobody does, Newton. It's definitely not supposed to be fun." She walked to her bedroom door. "You stay there, I'll be right back."

She changed in the bathroom, which normally she'd just have changed in her bedroom, but it obviously felt weird.

She closed her bedroom door behind her when she came back in, and Newton looked at her with a look of surprise on his face. "(Y/N), you look really good in that!" He smiled. She smiled back, before responding. "Thanks. It's my favorite shirt."

She slung her bag over her shoulder, making sure she had everything in it before picking up Newton with her free hand. She lightly put him on her shoulder again, letting him get situated before she grabbed her lanyard and headed out the door.

It was almost pitch black out, as it was around 6 in the morning (who ever came up with that stupid time she would never understand).

"Why is it so dark? You seem tired, chum." Newton asked, trying to fill the silence as she walked to the bus stop.

"Just how it is, I guess. The bus gets there at around... I dunno, 7, probably?" She replied, walking along the side of the road.

"That's way too early, chum..." He looked like he felt a little bad for her.

"It's fine, really. It's normal." She sighed, sitting down on the sidewalk where her bus stop was. None of her friends were there yet, and she was deciding in her mind whether or not she wanted to show her friends Newton. Would they even believe her that he was real?

Well, duh, of course they would. They're her friends, after all.

Speaking of her friends, one of them was coming towards her.

"Hey (Y/N)! Sorry I couldn't show up to the party." Her friend Rose apologized. "Hey, what is that?" She asked, poking Newton.

"Oh, uh-" (Y/N) tried to think of a response. "His name is Newton, it's a long story... But he's my little buddy for the time being."

"Newton? Like the, uh... What is it..." Rose mumbled.

"LittleBigPlanet 3." (Y/N) finished for her, and Rose nodded. "Yeah." She sighed. "Don't even ask how he got here or why he's real, it's a whole story and we don't have time to unpack all of that."