Chapter 245: Rebuttal

"Sima Yi appeared to have fallen for Zhuge Liang's empty-city stratagem, but in reality, he only pretended to fall for it, and this proved his superior wisdom beyond doubt. What do you think, Senior Xiao?"

Having presented her argument eloquently, Guan Yilin posed the question to Xiao Luo. She had her unique insight into the story of the Three Kingdoms, and she was confident that Xiao Luo would fail to counter it with a compelling riposte. She expected him to make a fool of himself and be ridiculed by everyone. As she awaited his response, she could already anticipate getting some satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from it.

Her convincing arguments swayed the students of engineering management class.

Guan Tong said, "What you said is reasonable and very convincing, but, hey, this is a class meeting, what do you mean by switching the topic to the Three Kingdoms?"

"The Three Kingdoms is one of the four great works of our country and the Chinese people's valuable cultural heritage, so what's wrong if we discuss it?"

Guan Yilin said, "Why, 'Eight Years,' haven't you been boasting that you want to become a talented person, then you must have familiarized yourself with this book, right? You should give us your own opinion about it too."

"I..."

Guan Tong choked, unable to come up with a good reply. He had read a variety of random books in the library. Still, he just never read the Three Kingdoms, and his understanding of Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi came primarily from the TV series, so he was hard-pressed to give any opinion on the subject.

"It looks like 'Eight Years' still lacks the talent to support his ambitions!" a fellow student mocked.

"Hahaha..."

The whole class burst into laughter. It had become a daily routine for everyone to joke at Guan Tong's expense.

Yu Jiangu felt that the situation was going out of control, as what was supposed to be a sharing of experience and insights ended up being a discussion on the Three Kingdoms. The top student, Guan Yilin, had been up to her old tricks again, stirring up trouble, and Yu Jiangu couldn't see how it could continue from here.

"Everyone, let's be quiet and listen to what our successful Senior Xiao has to say. Senior Xiao, so, do you agree with me that Sima Yi was the one with the superior wisdom and therefore should be regarded as the foremost talent of the Three Kingdoms?" Guan Yilin said, tilting her head back and eyeing Xiao Luo with an overbearing gaze.

Xiao Luo smiled. "What you have just said is based on a high degree of speculation. There's insufficient conclusive evidence to substantiate your argument; it's nothing more than subjective speculation."

"Subjective speculation?"

Guan Yilin had a dismissive smile on her lips. "Since Senior Xiao here says that I am making subjective speculations, could I ask you to answer the following questions? Firstly, why didn't Sima Yi dare to attack? The only logical reason is the fear of being lured into a trap or ambushed in the city, right? But how many people could they have concealed in a city of that size? Back in that era, it's not like they could have buried a Scud missile or some other secret weapon, so would it have been so risky to send in a reconnaissance company just to scout around?"

The class burst into laughter once again, as they found Guan Yilin's choice of words rather humorous, using terms like the Scud missile and reconnaissance company.

Yu Jiangu was inwardly surprised by her line of questioning. Had it been him up there on the podium, he would have failed to provide an answer as well. This girl was indeed a b*tch, he thought.