A Mystery Begins

Shu and Mysta were out in the backyard both training with their powers, sure Mysta didn't have any magic but he sure did love dodging Shu's attack spells.

Shu's eye glow purple as his hands start to from ball of purple glowing energy. Mysta grins widely as he readies himself to dodged the attack. Mysta's fox ears tilt backwards as his claws dig into the ground, dirt going up under his nails. It drives him crazy, but he can't control his claws when he gets excited like this.

Shu's eyes flicker from purple to green, a sudden pulse of energy flying through there body's. The pulse of energy has gathered Vox's attention, he came outside quickly to make sure the two were okay.

Mysta was picking himself off the ground, as so was Shu doing the same. Vox sat next to Mysta. "You two okay? What happened?" Vox placed a hand on Mysta's shoulder.

"I have no clue." Mysta spoke, when suddenly he noticed Shu looking at his hands. "Hey Shu, you alright?" Shu looked up to meet eyes with Mysta. "I have no idea what just happened. I lost control, I thought I got better control of magic." Mysta got up and walked over to Shu. "Hey it's okay. You and Vox can just practice a bit more."

Shu stands up. The look on his face shows nothing but anger. "No, it's not okay. Not at all. I thought I got control down." Vox grabbed Shu's shoulder. "Hey calm down, your new to magic control, did you really think you'd get it down in the matter of a few months?" Shu pushed Vox away. "Yes, yes I did. I'll be in my room practicing my control if you need me." Shu stormed off back inside the house.

Mysta looked over to Vox. "I'll keep a close eye on him." Vox patted Mysta on the head. "Thank you my boy." Vox smiled as Mysta walked off back to the house.

It was starting to get late anyway so he chose to go to bed, Mysta and Shu had always shared a room ever since they came to this world. Mysta was first against the idea when Ike suggested it, but after he saw how scared Shu was to sleep alone, he enjoyed making him feel safe throughout the night.

Mysta went to open there bedroom door, but....it was lock. "Shu you know how Ike is about locking doors." Mysta shouted. "State your business." Shu shouted back. "Umm, it's my room as well and I'm tired, so open the door!" Mysta banged on the door with his forearm as he yelled to Shu.

"I would let you in, but you will only disturb my contraction." Shu replied. Mysta was beyond frustrated, "Shu!!!" Mysta pounded on the door. Luca opened his door, which was the room next to Shu and Mysta's room. "Hey hey hey, what are you doing?!" Luca questioned Mysta. "Trying to get back into my room." Luca walked out of his room and he simple just kicked the door open.

The loud sound scaring Shu, he jumped and ended up tossing his magic book drooping them to the ground. "The frick!!" Shu's yelled in shock. Luca turned to Mysta, "There now be quiet." He then just turned away and went off to his bedroom.

Mysta walked over and sat down on the bed after closing the door behind him. "Mysta!" Shu called out. "What? This is my room too." Shu couldn't help but chuckle, sure he was upset but he doesn't stay upset for very long. Plus he had no reason to be upset with Mysta only himself for something he can't even control, literally.

Shu picked up his dropped books and he climbed into bed with Mysta. "Shu you have your own bed~" Mysta called out as Shu climbed over him. "I know, but your better to sleep with." Mysta didn't want to admit it, but he loved laying with Shu, somehow after sleeping with Shu, it felt like it made his detective work easier the next day.

By morning, Mysta woke up before Shu, he got out of bed quietly as to not wake Shu from his sleep walking into the living room, to find Ike and Vox watching the news, not paying much attention to it he walked into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. His fox ears quickly turn to the two sitting in the couch, he overhears a few words. "I can't believe so many ended up dead."

The sudden words from Ike's sorrowed filled voice made Mysta suddenly interested in the conversation at hand in the living room. Mysta slid over onto the couch. "Heeeyyy, whats going on over here?" The sudden words in Ike's ear had startled him. Pushing his glasses back onto his face, he turned to Mysta. "Last night there where five murders, and no trace of how they died or who killed them."

Oddly enough with the sad news, Mysta face lit up with excitement, Vox noticed this, and he know how Mysta was, he spoke up. "No." Mysta's ears dropped. "But I haven't even said anything yet." Mysta pouted.

Vox stood up. "I'm not letting you chase after some killer, who has some strange way of killing." Mysta stood up as well. "But I'm a detective, it's my job to figure this stuff out." Ike stood. "I'm with Vox on this, I don't want you getting caught up in something like this, within a matter of two hours, five people ended up dead, Mysta, if you go after that killer, your grounded, and thats final."

Mysta grunted and walked off to his room, Ike called out. "Please wake up Shu, it's almost time for breakfast~!" Mysta waved his hand in a reply to Ike, when Mysta got to his room, he noticed Shu to already be gone. Looking around the room, he finds no trace of the sorcerer. "HIS NOT HERE!!" Mysta shouts out.

Hearing that Shu wasn't there made Ike and Vox very concerned, Shu wasn't the type of person to run away or sneak out. Vox opened the door, "What do you mean his not here? He knows he has magic training today, where would he go?" An Idea hit Ike, "Maybe he got up early and already started his practice, lets check the back yard." On those words the three went to the back yard to find Shu laying, sleeping, on the porch.

Mysta poked Shu's arm. "Shhhhuuuuuuu~!" Hearing his name get called out Shu woke up. "Mysta...why....are we outside?" All three of them looked confused at Shu's questions, Ike helped Shu sit up, "We were wondering the same thing sweetie, oh no, baby, you have a fever, lets get you inside and in bed." Vox picked Shu up, and Shu laid his head on Vox shoulder as he was carried inside, Ike followed behind him, tell he noticed Mysta was still sitting on the porch. 

"Mytsa sweetie, come in, I'll make breakfast." Ike had walked back over to Mysta, placing a hand on his shoulder, slightly bent over in doing so. "Somethings....off, not right, I can smell it." Mysta stood up. "I'm gonna figure this out, and you can't stop me."

Mysta walked back inside, leaving Ike standing outside alone.