Chapter 1: Dead body and bite

Scott along with his adopted brother, Issac Lahey, hears a noise outside and pauses to listen for danger

Scott along with his adopted brother, Issac Lahey, hears a noise outside and pauses to listen for danger. The scene cuts to the front porch, where Scott, now in a red hoodie, walks outside with a wooden baseball bat in hand as he investigates what is causing the noise and Isaac followed him.

Suddenly, a figure appears hanging from the roof, and Scott yelps in terror, almost hitting the person in the face with his bat until he realizes that it is Stiles Stilinski, his best friend, who is yelping just as loudly.

"Ahhh!"

"You two are ridiculous."

Hayley Stilinski said, walking on the porch with a teasing smile.

"What? No, we're not!" Stiles and Scott exclaim, looking offended.

"You're literally proving her point." Allison deadpanned.

"No way." Stiles scoffed, denying it.

"You are!"

"Okay, I take offense to that and Stiles, what the hell are you guys doing here?!" Scott asked, huffs in frustration and annoyance before lowering his bat.

"You nor Isaac weren't answering your phones! Why do you have a bat?" Stiles replied, eyeing the bat in his hands.

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott huffed.

Isaac laughed at that. "Right, okay."

"Wha??"

Stiles looks at Scott and Isaac, clearly appalled by the implication, before scoffing and changing the subject to why he and Hayley are there.

"Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called-- they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police."

"Of course, you two were listening in." Noah sighed, used to their behavior.

"Who else will save everyone's ass?" Hayley scoffed as most looked offended but Stiles nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, they're to stupid to do that themselves." Stiles nodded as his friends looked at the twins offended by what they just said.

"For what?" Scott asked, frowning along with his brother.

Stiles has difficulty concealing his glee regarding his answer and Hayley really didn't want to be here at nighttime.

"C'mon, just spit it out."

"See, I told you guys she was mean."

"You wanna see mean?"

Isaac and Scott looked at each other, amused but still decided to stop the arguing.

"Stiles, what?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles replied to their question.

Reaching up to pull himself free of the trellis, Stiles lands on his feet in front of Scott, Isaac and Hayley, Scott still looks confused.