Chapter 9: Semi contact fight, Full contact will

In the food truck area outside the building

Yuno and Mimosa made their way back to the locker room after their little ice cream adventure, leaving them more time to talk. The current subject, Yuno rather why didn't he go into combat sports program when he got to high school, "So you aren't going to answer the question?", Mimosa asked with a smile, "Why does it matter?", Yuno replied, trying to dodge answering it, "I mean I guess it doesn't matter, but I want to know", she asked as the two trashed the paper cone that came with the ice cream, "I mean I really don't know what to tell you, I never gave it that much thought", he said as he held the door open for her, "But you gave it enough thought to hide it", Mimosa raised her eyebrow as she passed him, Yuno's cheeks began to burn with embarrassment in response, "Ahhh gotcha", Mimosa giggled as she wagged her finger at Yuno, "Hehe ok ok you got me, you happy?", the lanky teen followed her inside where the two would continue to walk side by side, "Enough about that though, how you feeling about your first fight?", our orange haired heroine popped a question, "I'm nervous, not gonna lie", Yuno nervously rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a strange sort of pit in his stomach and a lump in his throat, "That's normal, happened to me the first time I fought", thoughts of her first ever match up had come back to her, "Really?" "Yeah, but I guess it's a little different since I didn't have to worry about getting kicked or anything like that, so", the reality of the two's differences were brought to light for a moment, leaving them feeling as if maybe there wasn't a ton of relatability. Sensing it, Mimosa decided to try and circle what she was talking about back to Yuno, "I mean I was still super nervous, and I was maybe even more nervous today", some nervous laughter emitted from the girl, "Not used to getting hit for real?", Yuno returned a little bit of the teasing that Mimosa sent his way previously, "Oh so you can make a joke", Mimosa nodded her head with a smile, indicating more so smugness than joy, "And you can be sarcastic", she laughed at his response, "Ok Mr. smart guy, I get it you're witty", Mimosa gave a playful one handed shove while Yuno laughed a bit, "Hey I try", a sarcastic smile had formed on the young man's face as he raised his arms before returning to her side. Mimosa and Yuno kept walking on, as they continued their hands accidentally touched, but instead of retracting them the two's hands over lapped until, "HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS", Asta came between them, adorning a body pad. The two looked at each other and rolled their eyes, "What?", Yuno asked clearly agitated, "Oh this? It's so you can practice your kicks full force on my mid-section", the ash blonde boy answered, patting the stomach region of the pad while he laughed, "Seriously?", Yuno raised an eyebrow, trying to signal for Asta to leave, "Yeah they are pretty useful to practice body work on", Mimosa added, remembering that her mom had used it when she was a kid, "You've used one?", Yuno asked, "Yep, but it was when I was really young", she answered with a head shake.

Although Yuno thought Asta was getting in the way a bit at first, but as they continued and walked as a trio, he appreciated the advice that he was giving him. More in particular aspects of range and how his build would play to that strength, "I'm telling you man, from what I've seen when you were sparing with mars and luck, close range is not your thing man", Asta emphasized the not, trying to drill in the fact that his boxing sucked, "I don't know man I feel pretty good about my boxing, I've been doing work with Mimosa on it", he did a few shadow punches to show his shorter friend, "Dude", Asta stopped and put his hand on his shoulder, "That was terrible", he announced with a blank face, "Hey I didn't think it was that bad", Mimosa tried to defend him, "I mean I guess, but it's going to have to be his backup plan cause it isn't anywhere near as good as his kicks", Asta explained as he stroked his chin, "Why can't you be this critical with your thinking during class?", Yuno cocked an eyebrow as the group finally reached the locker room door, "HEY", Asta raised his arms in anger, "Calm down they don't want to hear you scream first thing back", he pushed the door open.